The Canal ride. (Saron)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhyde

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Ive been riding in the Saron area for a while and while ive been up to the canal with Andy660 a couple of years ago, I wanted to explore it again.

Riding into Saron, the farm presence welcomes you with the coloured community smiling and waving and always asking for a wheelie of some sort.
The whole idea was to ride from Saron towards Gouda along the canal without having to turn around for a locked gate. There was plenty locked gates but they were easily overcome by ducking into the canal and riding around them.

At first the canal made me nervous. The moss looked pretter bad at some points and the last thing I wanted to do is blikesem neer when hitting the bottom. After a couple in and outs, the canal was over come and so was all the locked gates.

So it started like this.

Multimediamessage3.jpg

Then I had to evade some gates and I ended up in the canal.

Multimediamessage1.jpg

Hoping that the flood gates arent opened...  :eek7:

Multimediamessage2.jpg

The road continued for a couple of km, id estimate about 10 or 15km and I ended up at the end.

Multimediamessage5.jpg

Multimediamessage6.jpg

I then continued with a trail that got pretty rocky into the pass, but a locked gate and no canal meant I had to turn around.

I headed back to gouda and rode along the railway line to Zonkwasdrift and went back to Riebeek Kasteel.

saron.jpg

Lekker ride all in all n quick 2 hours.