A little holiday fun - Natal - Inland from Port Shepstone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

While I was down on the South Coast I did a few rides with my buddy Jason and his mates from Criterion Yamaha, the Port Shepstone Yamaha dealer.

First ride there was an eye opener for me, it was wet and snotty and some of the climbs were impossible. I later found my tyres at 1.8bar and this with the clay/mud meant we could not go everywhere we wanted too.
We could also not cross the rivers as they were flowing too strong.

One of the other rides was a bit more intense with a few guys who had just ridden the roof and were out playing. We breezed up some of the previous days climbs without even thinking about it, I had a good workout as I often ended up on the wrong side of a rutted climb.

Climbs that make you pinch your ass followed my scary downhills. Rolling hills and uninhabited valleys that are simply beautiful. You could ride this all the way to Himeville and Sani if you wanted too.
The first day was so hot we stopped at a river we could not cross took some kit off and had a swim to cool down.

I think we should arrange a long weekend down there with the plastics soon. Bumped into Jade Gutzeit down there too, he is a local boy and this is his backyard.

Some photos that my buddy took at another time but showing some of the terrain.

Jason should learn some clutch control and Kirsten shows the surfer chick in her.

24.jpg

67.jpg

25.jpg

75.jpg

32.jpg

79.jpg