650GS lower seat - Advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cane Rat

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord
So, the missus is the proud owner of a '07 650GS, but because she is a bit vertically challenged we thought it best to get her a lower seat for the bike. So we go to our local BM dealer and order one. Was nogal very impressed with the service because it was there a day later :thumleft:. By this time I'm back in darkest Africa and this missus picks it up. She gets home just to find out that its the same as the one she has on the bike.  ???

1 International phone call later and I tell her check the part numbers. So she finds out that the part number on the box and that on the seat is not the same ??? Both seats (old & new) has the same part numbers.

Back to the dealer and her orders another one. It arrives, but the same prob. So what now?
The dealer phones Jo'burg and is told that the part numbers does not matter (Sooooo, why then have part numbers?)

Missus phones Groenie to find out about the seat (Was Miena Moo's bike) and Groenie sez they never changed the seat ???

Now I'm confussed because there don't seem to be a lower seat for the bike or it was fitted, in the factory with a low seat, and one can only get a higher seat, but that also does not make much sense.

Does anyone out there have any logical explanation for this? Has anyone ever bought a lower seat for a 650GS / Dakar?

Groenie gasiously offered to help with links to lower the suspension, but that will be the last resort.  

I hope soemone can shed some light on this. (Maybe HentieBM)

Part number of existing seat: 52 53 7 651 959
Part number os supposedly lower seat: 52 53 2 345 736