Mileage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceCreamMan

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Saw a post at another site and the gist of the matter is .... lad there is selling a superbike because he reckons 21 000 kays is too much and if he keeps the bike another year it will become unsellable (lets say 40 000 covered in a years time) lad is going to sell current bike and buy the same again with less mileage on it (which to my illogical thinking in a years time u kinda back where u started) ... question is surely its better to keep current bike as this would minimise financial "losses"...

other thing , DS riders tend not to really care about mileage as DS bikes tend to be kept for much longer periods of time. am i wrong here?

on a personal note , my curernt bike is a keeper i dont care about the financial side of things...even if the mighty GS800 persuades me to put a bm in the garage i will still keep the strom. there is a canadian chap with a strom who has covered about 220 000 kays on his an i see no reason why mine cant do the same...funny thing is the odo "stopped" at 199 999 kays and suzuki canada replaced it under warranty... they reckoned they would not see a strom with 200 000 in 10 years so "programmed" the odo to stop at 199 999....