Along Woody Cape .... and there was only 1000cc difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vellies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
Dairy farmer Mr McCow is up EARLY in the morning EVERY morning. Typical, if he can't touch the udders that time of day he wants to go riding. He knows I seldom have the privelege of touching udders at the crack of dawn so he invited me along on his ride. I was probably the only guy on a bike this morning at 05h05 on the freeway with a Cuppachino in his "cupholder"

m_IMG_0001.jpg

I was on my way to the rendevous but after 6kms I got scared that the java was going to be totally cold before I get to Mr McCow so I pulled over and enjoyed it. Soon afterwards I joined Mr McCow at Bluewater Bay and we headed off to Kinkelbos. Arriving at Kinkelbos he had a quick smoke and we tried to shake the chill  of the early morning air. Looking around at the daybreak we saw what promissed to be a lovely morning and got rolling again.

m_IMG_0002.jpg

An odd pair we were him on a GS 1200 Adventure and me on a 200 CTX Honda. It was only 1000cc difference. The terrible thing about riding with a GS 1200 is that when we go on tar I ride in front and every so often have to slow down so he can catch up to get into my slipstream. When we ride on gravel I have to ride at the back in order to take his pace and every now and again have to back off to open up a proper dust gap  :imaposer:

m_IMG_0004.jpg

We were about 10kms down the gravel road when there was something in the road just as surprised to see me as I was to see them, 2 x red jackal. My day was made or at least so I thought. There was no rush and we just cruised along taking in the scenery.

m_IMG_0018.jpg

A bit daring taking this one steering with one hand on a gravel road so I put the picture box back in the pocket and carried on to where Mr McCow needed another twakkie. The pleasure of this road is that you can almost stop anywhere and still take in some fantastic views

m_IMG_0025.jpg

m_IMG_0027.jpg

We roled into Boknes just after 7.30 but Regina was not in the kitchen yet and breakfast was not yet possible. We went to the other cafe and re-fueled the CTX. I thought I was going to share a bit of humour and said to the white pump attendant I hope his hose can reach my fuel cap as it sits on the other side of the bike. Shame he must have had a late night cos the next moment he actuallay walked around the bike with the fuel hose only to let go of a silly "fugly word" realising what he just did. It was sooo funny  :biggrin:

We were now heading for Breakfast at Alexandria but first made a quick stop at Boknes Beach.

m_IMG_0029.jpg

m_IMG_0033.jpg

About 5 kms outside Alexandria we pulled over and sat down to a lovely breakfast with bacon and eggs with curried onion. Luckily we were not over indulging the previous night else we would have looked a bit like this chap

m_IMG_0034.jpg

The weather was fantastic  but it was time to get home and we rolled back to PE along the tar. Come 12h00 we were so glad we made this an early ride as the day turned out to be an absolute scorcher from 12h00 onwards.

Thanks for the ride Mr McCow and don't worry I am very patient by nature and don't mind riding slow for your sake  :pot:  :ricky: