Nice looong round trip in Zululand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Yesterday 7 of us did a 251 kays round trip of sheer fun. We left Empangeni @ 6:30 and followed Eddie cos he did some seri-ass googeling on Goole. He got us onto a nice dirt just outside town and our day started being blessed by perfect riding weather cos off a cloud cover while riding on very enjoyable dirts. We followed the railway service line road all the way to Ulundi. Lotsa twisties, hills, dips, riverbeds and stuff made sure that the fun factor was high all the way.
One of our stops was under a railway bridge and when we left I looked back to make sure the road was clear before pulling off. As I pulled off this moerofa hooter went off. I nearly jumped off the bike and almost crapped myself. It sounded like a huge truck was bearing down on me and I swung around to look at the monster is about to flatten me but there was absolutely nothing. I then realised that a bleddie train on top of the bridge was the culprit. A few guys at our next stop was honest enough to admit to the same groot skrik.

Me and Mark revenged by picking a dice wiff the train. The train was no sloach but we managed to give it carrots even though the road did not allow us to use straigh line speed.

From Ulundi Mark led us on a very scenic road through his favourite watercrossings. Knight Rider will never believe him again when he said that the roads is nice and easy.

251 kays later we arrived back in Empangen. My bike had some hard workouts and i could hear a few new hinges. (the hinges is a Malibu thing)

Mark promised to post the pics if I kick off wiff the RR.