2004 BMW 1200 GS - Clutch issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badballie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi there guys, need some advise urgently please

I picked up my brother in laws "new" 2004 GS 1200 yesterday here in Durbs, he is coming on Friday from Jnb to get it.

We were advised that there might be a problem with the clutch, but the dealer said everything was fine after pre-delivery inspection.

When going normally through the gears ....all is fine, but when doing top gear roll ons, you can hear and see the revs climb before the bikes really starts pulling, sometimes 1000 rpm, even up to 2000 rpm, before it really starts pulling.

When cruising at 80-100 behind a car in 6th ..... it happens when opening up quickly, but if you open up slowly then it is OK, gearing down to 4th and then opening, the effect is a lot less...

Now my 1150 GS, may stutter if the gear is to high ......but this one just revs and then the bike kinda catches up, but under load .....accelerating briskly through the gears ....no problem

Normally if it is a clutch then ...it will slip through all the gears, especially at high revs ....this mostly happens at low revs

Any similar problems anyone has experienced.

It is going back to the dealer to check out today