Lamborghini tractors, great roads, getting a TA stranded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Rock

Puppy
Reaction score
This is one of the ride reports I posted on my more "full time" forum, MaximumBikes / DualSport Europe, MdDuff must have liked it, so here is a copy and paste job.

Well, I had a hard Friday, and ended the week with a bit of stress, so I longed for a bit of time for my own, it was a good day for a ride to the mountains, a bit cold, but blue skies.

I left home at about 11:20 (not really an early departure) and realized my phone was dead, so before having breakfast I left it charging, this will have a more important part on the story than I anticipated

Leaving towards my usual Saturday roads took me along the motorway and fast roads, leading to Vale de Cambra, from then on the road showed clear signs of ice and frost. I wasn�´t chilly though , cause of my warm inner pants.

The sun was shining through the tree tops, making for a beautiful day and ride

quedanafreita040.jpg

A few kilometers after, something alerted me as to the slippery conditions of the tarmac

quedanafreita041.jpg

You could really feel the difference from a sunny corner to a shadow corner, not really a surprize since the shadow areas still had ice on them

quedanafreita042.jpg

You can see a few patches of frost or ice on these next pictures, right on the shadow part of the tarmac

quedanafreita043.jpg

quedanafreita044.jpg

The road kept going and I was enjoying it, even if riding slowly, by this time I was considering how slow a rider I am, I think a lot of people would ride faster than me on this same bike, not that it bothers me, I ride how I like and like riding how I do, also it makes me feel safe and lets me enjoy scenery like this.

quedanafreita046.jpg

quedanafreita001.jpg

There�´s a bridge on the previous picture, I left the main road right after it, and followed a single track road running alongside it

This is the view from the small road

quedanafreita003.jpg

quedanafreita004.jpg

This small road lasted for only a couple of kms, then it crossed the small village of Preguinho (small nail).

quedanafreita006.jpg

I saw a nice piece of Italian machinery under on of the sheds, a Lamborghini tractor, I saw a Porsche one once, I think they�´re valuable but didn�´t take a picture of it.

quedanafreita007.jpg

I don�´t know why but this seemed really cool to me, because of the basketball hoop and Galp sign so as I was taking the picture the little puppy came out to play

quedanafreita008.jpg

Turning back after the village I was joining the main road on the same single track road:

quedanafreita010.jpg

Just cruisin along ...

quedanafreita012.jpg

Until I stopped to look at a burned area, this wasn�´t the worst, since there are still remains of trees, but still, it makes me angry when we hear most of our fires are criminaly started.

quedanafreita013.jpg

quedanafreita015.jpg

quedanafreita016.jpg

--- to continue in a minute ---[/list]