Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sunday 24th Guateng--Old and New Ride ------------  (Read 3622 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Sunday 24th Guateng--Old and New Ride ------------
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »
Well what can i say-------------- Glad most of you who said you were coming and had some or other lame excuse--like breaking your back  ::) Angle grinder cutting off your hand etc--etc-- I beleive you---But Millions would not---they will think it was the RAIN that had been pouring down for the past week and all the rain of last night that kept you away  ::)

Was a great turn out and met some new riders to the sport as well as some super Old friends again.. What a awesome bunch as usual--a mix of big and small bikes --from a 125cc to the 1200gs.

Not one drop of rain during the whole ride----The riders say there was some mud out there--i did not see any---Great thing when your eysight starts to fail  ;D You No longer see the rocks or sand and even the mud.

To all that came today  :thumleft: You were a great bunch---Hope to see you on the next one in a couple of weeks or so---

A picture paints a thousand words--so lets hope some of these pic will let you remember the ride and bring a smile to your face when you think back to that moment in time that we all could share together-------Anyone want CD of all the pics ? PM me. i will gladly let you have them for free.

Puddles with her Oh soooooooooooo Clean bike.

Dakota and Cracker---( Nice to see you are recovering Cracker.)

Some Cyclist --The ladies flashed for us  :mwink: BUT i forgot to get a pic--maybe next time guys. ::)

Racing chic on the move.

Some of the riders.

Tank Girl.

63 Magic

Have you ever seen someone pick up a KLR with one hand. This man did just that.  :peepwall:

And thanks to gser for sweeping nice that you joined in  :thumleft:

Thank's to Kykdaar who led at times and gave me the opportunity to re-group the riders. Thanks Boet.

Cracker i like the new Green look BUT that rim tape----is a bit Gay  ::)

Hey that's Zerc--thank's for joining .

I have long last seen someone enjoy riding as much as This gentleman did. Great to have met You  :thumleft:

Hoofseun making it look so easy.

Olive Oil--Check the worry in my eyes. ::) Can't beleive the traction of her ne TKC's

The HULK.

gser.

Still got that smile on his face.

Apparently They said here was some mud in this pic-----------where ?

Rest time and K-- Praat.

Reneir--even decided to join us for a change. Nice R.

Splash time.

Poser Pic  :peepwall: of what was left of the group Nice one all  :mwink:

LUNCH ------------

Even Gunda Gunda joined in for lunch  :mwink: That's the way it should be--even if you miss the ride--join in for lunch and have some fun and destress for the week ahead.

People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline jano

• Bike: BMW F800GS
Re: Sunday 24th Guateng--Old and New Ride ------------
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 10:03:59 pm »
Thanks blazes, I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit scary to start off with, lots of sliding around on the muddy spots, but I kept it up, and by the end was actually having some fun.

I can feel it in my legs now...

Till next time - :ricky:

Offline Renier

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:10:14 pm »
it was an awsome ride, tx Blazes for organizing and the sweepers of the trip.
i had learnt the Vara can actually tackle the rough stuff at speeds and the mud wasnt as bad as i thought it'll be,

awsome bunch of ppl, was gr8 meeting you all.

Blazes .... i still think there is a nut loose behind "the" (your) handlebar.  :peepwall:

have a fab week all.
ciao
Evening news is where they begin with 'Good evening', and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:49:52 am »
Thanks blazes, I really enjoyed it.

It was a bit scary to start off with, lots of sliding around on the muddy spots, but I kept it up, and by the end was actually having some fun.

I can feel it in my legs now...

Till next time - :ricky:

Pleasure Jano-----But i did not see any mud---What mud  ???
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 06:09:57 am »
Looks like fun!

I have to ask: Why is the sweeper at the front (Check the top left of the pic)? ;D

Puddles, thats a beautiful bike! :thumright:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:10:52 am by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 06:22:42 am »
Those are the Mountain bikers going Up on the otherside -----NO LIGHTS   :peepwall: Yippeeeee i can still see.  :peepwall:
Current Scooters --

Offline pzem69

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 07:59:02 am »
Howzit Blazes,

Thanks for the great ride.Really enjoyed it and learnt a few things too.Road condition and tyre selection directly proportional to fun factor.

Once again thanks for the ride and look forward to riding with all you guy's and girl's again soon.

Cheers

Offline Dakota

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 07:59:33 am »
Thanks M was a wonderful ride…  :thumleft:

Those smiles were very big… Olive Oil and Magic well done you guys were great… Racing chick you are riding so well must run in the family..
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

BMW 650 Dakar - don't get to ride it much anymore - my son has claimed it
Aprilia Dosodura 750 - My new bike - I love it
Husqvarna 610 TE (Sponsored) :-)

Offline Puddles

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:03:25 am »
Yahhhooooo ... what another fun ride  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft: ... always to be expected on Blaze's rides !!!

Pity we had to duck out half way but it was great to share part of it with you and to meet some new peeps & to put some faces to the forum names.

Look forward to the next one.
2010 BMW F800GS     2008 BMW F650GS(Twin)    2006 Honda XL650V Transalp

Offline Puddles

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 08:05:54 am »

Puddles, thats a beautiful bike! :thumright:

;D  ;D  ;D  .... mmmm ... isn't she just .... so great to ride, enjoy every moment !
2010 BMW F800GS     2008 BMW F650GS(Twin)    2006 Honda XL650V Transalp

Offline Kykdaar

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 08:14:42 am »
Hey Blazes - fun as usual boet :thumleft: Rain stayed away and it was an ideal day for riding.

Murphy's law says "rear brake will fail just when you need it most." and - for you - "sharpest nail only on inside of tyre"  ;D

Hey Renier, kudo's for riding that big Vara the way you did and for getting lucky by roosting me before I realised what was gonna happen :biggrin:

Nice meeting all the new people and all the old friends.

Can someone ask BMW to fit a sigarette lighter to the GS please? ;D

Offline SilverSurfer--

• Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 08:21:48 am »
Thanks Blazes for once again organizing a wonderful ride. I really enjoyed it.  :thumleft:  "O" yes and the demonstration on fixing a flat tyre was not only interesting but informative, hope it never happens to me!

And one up to Captain J for putting down his bike for the first time ::)

Offline Kaptein Bos

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 08:27:31 am »
Thanks Blazes!  Was a very lekker ride with the best left for last!  :thumleft:  Ja ja - It was literally "putting it down" in the snot  :biggrin:  Need to put on knobbies will be my excuse this time :ricky: 

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:04:23 am »
It looks like a blast!!! pity .... TKC tyres on Olive oils bike, are those more for offroads? i have to change my back tyre and am not sure what to put on.....same bike, 60 /40 usage

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Hoofseun

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Hang on
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 09:07:32 am »
Blazes, thnxs for a brilliant new and old ride.  Pity we had to leave you guys soon after Puddles made a nice comment about …… and just as soon as you got the puncture.

I am glad we left when we did as there were just enough time for the girls to get ready, me to clean the bikes with the new stuff I got.  It is called Dust Devil and got from Pauli at GPS 4 Africa.

But enough bubbling, some pictures to share.

The standard Blazes pre-ride intro

A short regroup to ensure everyone is still there before we hit the first dirt section, bikes in front and towards the rear.

36Magic just behind me, it is so good to meet the people from the stories…

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=42961.0

A nice and light onto the dirt, and amazing view, all the bikes..

Kykdaar, a real gentlemen of trips

Dakota living herself out…

The lady in this cabby got really frustrated.  Maybe she had some reason, as the bikes passed her on the tar, just to turn left and as she did also turn left some more bikes passed her just to quickly stop again on the left. 

Again one of those situations where the bikes are trying to keep with the group and the lady trying to give her horse on the back a smooth ride, no sudden braking as the horse would end face first (nose plant) into the front of his trailer.  But we have to somehow co-exist.

And this is Tankgirl coming past, she was just to fast???

Another quick regroup

As it was a new and old ride it was quite challenging, me thinks, for Blazes to find roads that caters for all levels, but he did so with insight – He really knows his backyard and continuously adapted the route.

But we had to find at least a short stretch of mud..

Racing chick, so cool and smooth on that red bike with mom (Puddles) learning the ropes from behind.  Racing Chic has grown so much in terms of her peers after the December trip and even Puddles said that the mud was enjoyable after surviving Transkei in the mud…

Shesha keeping that big one under control.  We did the Introduction to Off-Road riding course the previous day.  When we took a breather he said “If I did not do the course the previous day I would not have had an idea what to do!”

Silversurfer --- with someone sneaking around the back

And just as we got through the little mud section there were some rocky section..

Shesha letting the training wheels out

And then Blazes got the puncture and we sneaked away for some family fun and getting ready for the second trip of the day..

Thnxs a million Blazes and Gser for the sweeping.

"You are never to old to learn something new"

Johan Gray
BMW R 1200GS L/C

Offline Sparticus

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 09:51:34 am »
Thank you for a fantastic ride. It was my first ride on sand roads and the experience was great. I have not washed my bike yet and it paid off. It added to my ego status and had the desired effect.Now my son wants a KLR as well. At the same time he was also told of how the KLR coped with my weight and newbie status. Great machine- the KLR650. I have also just had a lesson from my son  in the art of  "standing" (07h30 on a monday...) when the road conditions demand it. To all the other riders, I could see the training and experience counts but I beat you all in the enjoyment factor. Remember , I am busy with a lifeplan here.

Blazes and everyone else, thank you so much for the ride. 

Gordon 
Carpe Dieme all you want, I've already seized the day...
Goldwing GL1100( naked) GL1500 SE and KLR 650

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 09:59:41 am »
LOL, I recognise those roads. My usual Boschkop, Zwavelpoort stomping ground.

You okes missed the steep stretch where they paved two concrete strips for wheels? Can you stay on the thin concrete strip?  :biggrin:

Good to catch up with you at lunch....

The dam on Achilles Way, tehre is a nice spot to have a drink and snack. But not with all those damn bikes. It ruins the peace LOL

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 10:06:53 am »
Hey Blades ... I am still smiling ... I've been riding that bike for almost a year and yesterday was the best ride on that thing ... thank you sir !

Hoofseun ... thanks for all the tips ...

Looking forward to more rides with you all ...

Cheers !
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:15:08 am »
Awesome RR!!

looked like soooooooooo much fun was had by all!
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Dakota

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 11:30:28 am »
HVDM we came back via the concrete strips... think there might have been a few  :o from the first timers...  ;D

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

BMW 650 Dakar - don't get to ride it much anymore - my son has claimed it
Aprilia Dosodura 750 - My new bike - I love it
Husqvarna 610 TE (Sponsored) :-)