Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Sunday 24th Guateng--Old and New Ride ------------  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Kaptein Bos

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Re: Sunday 24th Guateng--Old and New Ride ------------
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 11:41:47 am »
HVDM we came back via the concrete strips... think there might have been a few  :o from the first timers...  ;D

I just stood up and hammered it, didn't see where I was going half the time...  :o :mwink: :thumleft:

Offline Hondsekierie

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2010, 12:05:06 pm »
Looks like a really nice get together - sorry to have missed this one :thumleft:

(PS:  Blazes, I did and still do have a legitimate excuse for not pitching  :imaposer:)
“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:25 pm »
Hey 63 magic, second pic is the dam you said you never saw! LOL. The one i told you about. As you cross over the concrete bridge, the spill way is there.

Guess pics are sueful since you only saw your front wheel! LOL

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2010, 12:20:06 pm »
Hey 63 magic, second pic is the dam you said you never saw! LOL. The one i told you about. As you cross over the concrete bridge, the spill way is there.

Actually they have messed up that section of road by paving it and scraping it...Used to be cool before then when the dam used to overflow on the road------------That was Travel Gravels favourite bathing spot back then  :mwink:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 12:23:10 pm »
Howzit Blazes,

Thanks for the great ride.Really enjoyed it and learnt a few things too.Road condition and tyre selection directly proportional to fun factor.

Once again thanks for the ride and look forward to riding with all you guy's and girl's again soon.

Cheers

Pleasure was all mine---great to meet new folks that have joined the BIG family and who enjoy the same things we do.  :thumleft:  Till next time.
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »
Thanks M was a wonderful ride…  :thumleft:

Those smiles were very big… Olive Oil and Magic well done you guys were great… Racing chick you are riding so well must run in the family..

Thank's D for standing in for  2IC ----- Much appreciated.  :thumleft:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2010, 12:28:03 pm »
Yahhhooooo ... what another fun ride  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft: ... always to be expected on Blaze's rides !!!

Pity we had to duck out half way but it was great to share part of it with you and to meet some new peeps & to put some faces to the forum names.

Look forward to the next one.

Was great to have the whole Family joining on the ride Z. Must say Your daughter is riding like a Star---But so are do you and Hoofseun. ( personal trainer.)
Current Scooters --

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 12:30:25 pm »

Actually they have messed up that section of road by paving it and scraping it...Used to be cool before then when the dam used to overflow on the road------------That was Travel Gravels favourite bathing spot back then  :mwink:

from where you are with the camera, other side of the bridge, in the clearing on the right is where I often stop and have coffee and watch the sunset. I hope 20 bikes dont come by and ruin the peace!

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 12:30:38 pm »
Hey Blades ... I am still smiling ... I've been riding that bike for almost a year and yesterday was the best ride on that thing ... thank you sir !

Hoofseun ... thanks for all the tips ...

Looking forward to more rides with you all ...

Cheers !

You are more than welcome  Your smile is just so cool-----Looked like you were in your own headspace and had your own movie playing in your head.

Great to have met you  :thumleft: Till next we ride together again.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2010, 12:33:00 pm »

from where you are with the camera, other side of the bridge, in the clearing on the right is where I often stop and have coffee and watch the sunset. I hope 20 bikes dont come by and ruin the peace!
Used to ride through the Dam on that side and over the wall when they were laying the storm water drains under the road. Still do it now and again.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 12:34:50 pm »
Looks like a really nice get together - sorry to have missed this one :thumleft:

(PS:  Blazes, I did and still do have a legitimate excuse for not pitching  :imaposer:)
WHAT ? that your bike was misfiring--well you still had 600cc left on the one cylinder  ??? More than i have in my whole motor. Mmmmph--weak excuse J.    :peepwall:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 12:45:26 pm »
Blazes, thnxs for a brilliant new and old ride.  Pity we had to leave you guys soon after Puddles made a nice comment about …… and just as soon as you got the puncture.

Just a pleasure to have you with us --Hoofseun--and also enjoy the input you have with the new riders and how you are able to assist them and get them at ease when things seem impossible for them to tackle--Also the smiles on the faces of the riders who braved and conquered.  :thumleft:

Still don't know what route you were All riding  ???-- I never saw any mud or rocks  ::) Maybe i should go for that eye-test---Or not
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:46:26 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »
Hey Blazes - fun as usual boet :thumleft: Rain stayed away and it was an ideal day for riding.

Murphy's law says "rear brake will fail just when you need it most." and - for you - "sharpest nail only on inside of tyre"  ;D

Hey Renier, kudo's for riding that big Vara the way you did and for getting lucky by roosting me before I realised what was gonna happen :biggrin:

Nice meeting all the new people and all the old friends.

Can someone ask BMW to fit a sigarette lighter to the GS please? ;D

Thank's Boet for helping and got you doing some air - time--not posting or the DRZ guys will say i photo shopped it  :mwink:

Will let you have it.
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 01:28:00 pm »
Awesome RR!!

looked like soooooooooo much fun was had by all!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :peepwall:
Current Scooters --

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »
Awesome RR!!

looked like soooooooooo much fun was had by all!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :peepwall:

funny! LOL
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Sloane Ranger

• Bike: BMW F800GS
  • test text
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 02:19:14 pm »
Hey Blazers..! Grateful thanks to you for organising this. Its was great to meet up with and to ride with the dawgs and to get through the day without embarrassing myself in da mud. Thanks to all for the photos.

Roger

Offline Kaptein Bos

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 02:47:19 pm »
Hey Blazers..! Grateful thanks to you for organising this. Its was great to meet up with and to ride with the dawgs and to get through the day without embarrassing myself in da mud. Thanks to all for the photos.

Roger

I'm not embarrassed...  ::)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 03:09:20 pm »
Thanks Blazes for once again organizing a wonderful ride. I really enjoyed it.  :thumleft:  "O" yes and the demonstration on fixing a flat tyre was not only interesting but informative, hope it never happens to me!

And one up to Captain J for putting down his bike for the first time ::)

Great that you could join us.      :thumleft:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 03:11:33 pm »
It looks like a blast!!! pity .... TKC tyres on Olive oils bike, are those more for offroads? i have to change my back tyre and am not sure what to put on.....same bike, 60 /40 usage

Pity ------Missed you-----Deadline to meet --Hmmmmp. Think you were scared of the rain--that never was. :peepwall:
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 03:12:59 pm »
HVDM we came back via the concrete strips... think there might have been a few  :o from the first timers...  ;D

I just stood up and hammered it, didn't see where I was going half the time...  :o :mwink: :thumleft:

That's the best thing to do  ::) so when you fall--you can say--I never saw anything :mwink:
Current Scooters --