Tannie Groenie does Dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groenie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
After a very late night, we struggled out of bed this morning at 7, when the baby sitters arrived. My first thoughts were: Do I really have to do this? Strange how putting on your biking gear, just makes you feel better.

We decided against doing Breeds Nek and went to Renosterspruit instead.
I still can't believe we have such a nice area just around the corner.

It was the first time Tannie Groenie was on the back of a bike for any sort of distance and she was quite nervous, so we stopped for a smoke just as you enter the area.

Anelle003.jpg

We found the way to Lanseria quite easy and the Jukskei was low enough to let us through.

Anelle004.jpg

A very easy water crossing actually. I sommer went back to do it again.

Anelle005.jpg

Anelle007.jpg

Not too happy about getting her new boots wet.

Anelle008.jpg

Just before you get to Lanseria, we found this.......Eish baas, ekke dink hy es gafok...

Anelle009.jpg

We then explored for another hour or so, taking every turn off we found. Most of them are dead-ends. And then it became time to let the new Wilddog loose on the dirt. Very impressive, 3rd day that she's ever ridden and doing water already!

Anelle011.jpg

Afterwards we went for a beer or two and I could see, she's been converted. "I get very nervous on the tar, but the dirt is LEKKER" was her words. The best of all is that she enjoyed it and is already planning the next ride.

Now she just has to get an appointment for a learners and do the 2 day training thingy at Zwartkops. That's already booked..