Three Tenérés from far-far away!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doringboom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
Earlier this afternoon, while on my way back from Mafikeng and while entering Swartruggens, I saw three bikes with panniers and loaded to quite an extent pulling in from a side road ahead. I soon overtook them and saw that it was three guys on Tenérés (double headlights, like an Africa Twin) and clearly from a far-away country. Maybe they have entered SA from Botswana earlier today ???

After a few kilometres I quickly stopped next to the road and got hold of my camera in the boot. I was just back behind the wheel when all three of them passed me again. I caught up with them again and took the following snappies through the windscreen. That was about 35 km from Rustenburg. Note the pipe frames (black, brown and blue) for the panniers. They eventually disappeared from my mirror.

It will be interesting to know of any other Wilddogs that might also spot them on the roads in SA. Please post pictures here and/or try to get their story for us :ricky:

Tenere1.jpg

Tenere1a.jpg

Tenere2.jpg

Tenere2a.jpg

Tenere3.jpg

Tenere3a.jpg