Rooiels - Highlands road - Forestry - Fynbos - Firlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuttsNutts

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I blew my remaining 3G free megs downloading 200 megs of Google Earth on Saturday night when I spotted this very lonely looking path near Botriver - 1 Phone and myself and Sean we on the road 7:00 AM the next morning

bot0.jpg

After doing the great coastal road from Gordons bay to Kleinmond(with no traffic :D :D :D ) we hit the highlands road and turned off near the top
Something lookin like a cable was blocking the road, but oops I didnt really see it

BOS1.JPG

This pic is at the top of the ridge the Mountains in the back are those of the Hemel and Aarde valley

BOS2.JPG

A short distance of riding takes us along the edge of the plantation - Bl**dy bugs galore but nothing could detract from the scenery

BOS3.JPG

My Attempt at the popular mirror shot :oops:

BOS4.JPG

As you get out the MTO forestry there is another blockaded path(some twigs etc, not formal roadblock :wink:
This road appears to be a Eskom service road if I has it a guess
It runs over the ridge so you are looking towards Grabouw/Hotentots Holland Mountains in the back
BOS5.JPG

ANother pic of the same area
BOS6.JPG

A few Km down and wham - a high security fence with some warning from the Military - No bank details for Mr Lekotas bribe though :)
We just followed the path that leads round this
BOS7.JPG

A pic of the view towards the end of our trail, Botrivier is down below and in the far distance you see the Caledon Mountain
BOS8.JPG

Fynbos and Biking - Dont worry for the Greens in you - We stayed on the path

BOS9.JPG

And thats it the trail ends by a boom which reads something about being Arrested and having you b*lls removed - Thats is the high rising sign off the N2

Pigs spotted 0, Smiles 100 :D