Work, Dros, Fishmonger, home, Swazi, Home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OX

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
It was one of the best weekends I have ever had.
It started when I left work for the Dros on Friday pm and a had few beers with the gang. Then went to the fishmonger with mom and sister ( wife in cape town )
From there home to pack and up at 5 am to leave at 6.
My long time friend Tony ( Bobby Chang) join me on his 1150 ADV.
We headed out via Bapsfontien in the direction of Demas.
Nothing too exciting untill we came across a dirt road that had split open , very weird.
dsc04198dj5.jpg

dsc04199ht1.jpg

here bobby takes the ADV for a splash
dsc04202rg8.jpg

The pace was very relaxed , so we stopped often to take in the sights.
dsc04203fc6.jpg

We stopped on Trichart at this butcher for fresh wors roll. Great healthy breakfast.
dsc04204fx7.jpg

About 6 K's out of town Bobby hit a huge trench in the road and broke the bolt that joins the swing arm to the shock !!!!
dsc04205yt1.jpg

It doesnt look that big but it was enough to end his ride.
dsc04208ke1.jpg

We managed to patch it up and head slowly back into town to try and get the stud out , but with no luck.
dsc04207ak9.jpg

dsc04210bt6.jpg

Bobby headed back to Midrand via the N17 and I carried on east.
I filled up the Lothair , 400kms on 22 lts.
dsc04211wi1.jpg

I entered at Lunzie , where I was the only person there , just the way i like border crossings to be.

dsc04212lr6.jpg

A few k's into Swazi I followed a track into a plantation and stopped for lunch , tuna and pro vitas !!!

dsc04213ui5.jpg

From there I was running very early so I decied to head of to the Foresters arms for a nice cold one , or two with an awesome view.

dsc04214xg9.jpg

Just after 4 pm I arrived at the camp and set up , some guys had taken a 4 x 4 and got it properly stuck in the mud. Funny to watch.
dsc04215vu6.jpg

The owner of the farm , Stuart , rides all over the place on his quad with black dog in the crate on the back.

dsc04218zn5.jpg

That evening the camp was buzzing , and the beers were flowing !!!
My cameras batterys ran dry so I had the use my cell phone for the rest , sorry. Woke up the next moring not feeling to cleaver.
Packed up and headed out

This was on the was out of Swazi where they were redoing the road. My kind of terain !!!

image000pn2.jpg

At the Swazi border.
image001sb6.jpg

The wind was howling and I really felt like some 2 min noodels , so I stopped in a one horse twon called Davel , the post was going to be a kaffee , but this never happend, I found a corner to make my noodles and had lunch there.
image005dk4.jpg

image006cj6.jpg

On the way back I went to the broken road site only to find that more of the road had fallen down and now the trenches were underwater , so I went on a 30 km detour !!
image007hp2.jpg

image008at4.jpg

image009vw3.jpg

image010vr0.jpg

Ridng through the power stations I came across the Rotrain. One huge set of wheels !!!

image011vc6.jpg

I arrived back In midrand just after 3 pm , in time for a few beers and to clean the bike.
This was one of the most awesoem wekends of my life , some times it was sh1t riding alone , but on the whole , an awesome ride.