6 December 2009 first ride to Prins Albert with WCDSB and i tagged along

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
www.cassierides.blogspot.com

Well we all have to start somewhere and by that i mean doing something out of the ordinary. The thing is to let a 125cc join a group of bikers that have massive engine size differences eg (BMW GS 1200's, Dakar 650 and Honda Trans Alp's and KTM 990 adventure bikes. I've asked a brilliant person named trail-rider (www.trail-rider.co.za) if i may tagg along for the first time with my small bike. He approved and told me that they will all come together at the Engen Garage 6 December 07h00 sharp. I prepared myself and when i arrived at the engen garage it was just bmw GS, dakar and of course Trailrider's honda trans-alp. My bike was way too small. So i've asked them to tag along and if i get too far behind they can carry on without me and i will turn around and follow my own course. We stared and went over the Montagu Pass, crossing Herold and they stopped for a smoke break. We continued towards Dyssels Dorp via Paardepoort pass and they made a stop at Dysselsdorp. The group was amazed that the small Yamaha was able to keep up with the bikes. We will go onto swartberg pass and have lunch at Prince Albert

100_2160.jpg

This is the top of the Swartberg Mountain facing northwards towards prins albert

100_2161.jpg

A very popular bike and person on this forum called Trailrider.  I must admit that he sets an example to all of us
100_2165.jpg

Trailriders bike facing the northen way
100_2168.jpg

View facing towards the south

100_2179.jpg

Trailrider in person overlooking the mountains

100_2183.jpg

https://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad283/cassiebotha/prins%20albert%20sunday%20trip/100_2193.jpg
Arriving at prins Albert town

[img]https://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad283/cassiebotha/prins%20albert%20sunday%20trip/100_2196.jpg
Filling up the bikes dri[/img]