I am "Thor"....well, my BUTT "isth"!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettp

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
December ...oh boy, its holiday time!!!!!!! Had planned for this trip, got mommy and kids flight tickets to meet in George, booked riding time off with SWAMBO, fueled the bike and was ready to roll..... Eish, I am on top of the world.

Day 1
Left home on Sunday afternoon, destination - Gariep. Headed along the long tar slab towards Bloem, only to encounter one mother-of-a-storm. What an experience, riding, praying,riding and praying some more!!!! Headed out towards Buthuli, and encountered an absoltely wonderfull site...
Picture016.jpg

Pigs at the police sign.... :wink:

Headed into Buthli-not much happens on a Sunday.
Moved onto Gariep, very impressive site.
Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Decided seeing it was 18h30, I needed to find a spot to sleep. The Aventurer resort had a room available, but for R790 pp...no wonder they had space :evil:
Found a 4 bedroom guest house with lock up grage and all the space I could want for R250. not a shabby deal???

Picture018.jpg

Trying to find some where to have dinner was a mission even 007 would battle with in Gariep.... Not a single garage store, no cafe...nothing. Water and off to bed!!!

DAY 2 - off to St Francis via PE....
LEft the house at 05h00....nothing beats riding early morning, does it?

Dam wall
Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Ahead of me lay a long road..... destination - Cradock and an appointment with WIMPY.
Picture024.jpg

After a good few hours (un-photographed) I hit PE.... The smell of the sea has to do something to the soul of a man. Spent an hour having a beer, then onto my stop over point.
A view of the port at St Francis Bay
Picture025.jpg

Guest houses and B n B's are plentifull. Found this one that was a killer deal....R200 for the room per night.
Picture030.jpg

Had a great nights sleep after a good few beers with good frinds....!!!

More to follow tomorrow!!!!