New forum Member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brontes

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
A short note to introduce myself to the forum. I have just started doing my research for the bike I plan to own later in the year. (I know it is sad, but I take my time on these things!)

I used to own a Honda CB400N and that is really the last bike I rode in anger up to the point when I sold it in 1993. So except for a VERY scary spin on a 425 KTM 2-stroke MONSTER of a machine with my whole 70kg flagging behind on a dirt road, I have not done any riding for the past 14 years.

I am keen on a dual purpose bike and have heard so many stories/bits of advice that I am hoping to get a clearer picture by visiting this forum from time-to-time.

I have been flying paragliders for about 11 years now, and would like to get a bike that can take me to the the Lowveld, do some dirt-roads to get to those nice flying sites, etc. etc.

Because of my very limited recent riding experience I was thinking about starting small like getting a DL 650 (The only option in that class in my opinion.) and then maybe later upgrading to a 950 ADV or 1100GS. (Not willing to spend 100K plus for the 12Gs or 990 ADV..yet...):)

Along these lines any advice/experiences would be welcome!

Keep 'm peeled!