Secret Society Baviaans Mini bash - Ride Report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowPoke

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
In the beginning there was thirst
This whole thing started with TrailRider asking where he could have drinks in Patensie. The mini bash ride thread should really start here :https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=44338.0. If read it you will quickly see how plan was formed a site booked and more dogs joined. We ended up 10 dogs at the camp.7 Dogs came with TrailRider from George side through the Baviaans. The PE dogs came via some backroads from the PE side to Patensie. I will leave it up to the George guys to post their ride stories.

The idea was for some PE dogs to meet some WC dogs and ride together some. And boy was it funny and fun. But I get ahead of myself. First Watty, Kampies, TerrorSA and me  set out for some exploration on our way to Geelkrans in Patensie.
All 4 PE dogs still together.
SDC10713.jpg

You can just see the ocean from the tops of the mountains.
SDC10714.jpg

SDC10715.jpg

Three of us Slowpokes bike on the left, TerrorSA and Kampies on the right, enjoying the beutifull views
SDC10717.jpg

An then I rode ahead to get some action pics. I waited and waited... I took the wrong turn and the other dogs were waiting and waiting elsewhere for me.
SDC10719.jpg

So I took a snappy of my machine
SDC10720.jpg

The roads in this area are numerous and unmarked
SDC10721.jpg

Luckily we did arrange to meet at Padstal and so the group was whole again for some ice cold frosties. The first two took all of four swallows to down and then the third one was pure pleasure.
SDC10722.jpg

and so it was off to the campsite. Just to show how chuffed the guys were - look at Smidtys smile, he must have something really good in that little blue bag to make him smile so...
SDC10723.jpg

of course we won't mention names but some guys just had to go...
SDC10724.jpg

The scene of the crime. This fire place was a raucous affair onSaturday evening and also some of Sunday morning too. This is the morning after coffee fire going.
SDC10725.jpg

With only a few hours sleep and many more litres of beer, the troops were slow to rise but we did have a packed up camp at 8:05am. Here are some the troops still fighting the urge to not get out of bed - hulle het lekker gele en poep ruik.
SDC10726.jpg

The bottom part of the camp where the main snorers lay
SDC10727.jpg

The grassy plains where the groot uitclutch started the day before
SDC10728.jpg

And of course the swemgat. Nee Kassie, daar is krappe in die water EN palings
SDC10729.jpg

The journey to Grootrivier poort started. Here are some riders arriving at the mast
Kampies
SDC10729.jpg

Help me out here guys - this could be Smidty ?
SDC10732.jpg

Trailrider
SDC10733.jpg

Some guys I cannot for the life of me remember who's who
SDC10733.jpg

SDC10734.jpg

SDC10735.jpg

SDC10737.jpg

Dusty - I think..
SDC10736.jpg

Everyone at the top of the hill
SDC10738.jpg

The 800 was heavilly loaded so I had to keep my speeds to less than 140. It felt a little loose over that. Not complaining though. I did get some airtime on the whoops.
SDC10741.jpg

Me and my machine
SDC10742.jpg

Some action shots
SDC10747.jpg

SDC10750.jpg

Kampies was also quite loaded. We did not have a Kassie to drive our gear home.
SDC10745.jpg

We finally got to Steytlerville and ate lunch at the Royal Hotel. It was a green affair. It was HOT. The onboard said well over 40 on the road.
SDC10752.jpg

The group eating. We were all already dog tired here.
SDC10753.jpg

We left Steytlerville just past 1pm. The group split, and we had our farewells.
SDC10754.jpg

I started getting drowsy on the way home so we pulled off for a little rest. Here, halwayf home the temperature recorded 40.5 degrees C. The hot air almost felt like burning you.
SDC10755.jpg

To all the guys and Dusty gal that joined in. Thanks a stack for a splendid weekend. We had some tough riding, some fast riding and all of it was scenic riding. I'm glad to have met you all and hey, if you want to do this again - I'm there like a bear. I suppose what happens at camp stays at camp but my stomach still feels moeg after all that laughing. Kassie, if you ever come along again I'll sponsor your stay  :imaposer: This was certainly the best Geobraai yet!