Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 690 Adventure!  (Read 933 times)

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
690 Adventure!
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:45:41 am »
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Online Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
Re: 690 Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:54:55 am »
If that happens I will be going orange  :thumleft:
Pass this way once!

Offline Wolweseun

• Forum Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • VannieBaai
    • Bikes n Bits
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:09:32 pm »
If that happens I will be going orange  :thumleft:
+ 1
"Life is like a penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free...

it's women who make it hard"

www.bikesnbits.co.za

Camelman

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 08:15:07 pm »
By the time KTM releases the 690 Adventure, the Tenere will be paid off, and due for replacement. 2 Years ago, it was two years. Now another. Yeah sure. Guess we'll see when its in the store!  :mwink:

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 08:16:27 pm »
I thought the world was ending in 2012 ???

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:16:39 pm »
2012 mmmmmmmm  there is enough time to buy a 990SER before then... :thumleft:

The plan is coming together  :mwink:

Camelman

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:21:23 pm »
I thought the world was ending in 2012 ???

Thats probably why they set the launch date then!   :biggrin:

Offline chicco

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Revolution or death........
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 08:23:33 pm »
the end is coming in 2012...for all other thumpers...... :biggrin:

the 690 adv was well on its way till the recesion started, it wasnt stopped, just put on hold.......
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline edgy

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
    • A Stone's Throw Bed & Breakfast
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 01:45:13 pm »
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Bakkie

• is not a
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 03:27:52 pm »
http://www.ktmteamwest.com/website/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=386&Itemid=508

Who can translate....Le cap?

It's 1998 and a new enters the arena. One as it previously did not exist you. It was made for dust and dirt, but on the doorstep. She wanted at the strangers and not comfortable with your driver.

Whether the deserts of Tunisia or 640 adventure of a good figure made of bone road. It was trimmed for the sporting journey into the world no matter what obstacles to the next curve lauerten.

Your technical data were already disclose that the ride was not neglected.

The engine with 624, 6 cm cubic already brought cylinder capacity in the lower speed range required power to go ahead on sovereign in difficult situations. The WP chassis with the mighty 50 mm extreme fork and bracket from the Enduro/MX range promised high comfort coupled with a sporting vote.

The equipment with the IMO cockpit instrument known from the Rallyesport and the sporting bezel with good protection seduced to travel and rally. It also significantly lighter than most of your travel cousinen was weighing approximately 190 kg

The adventure went through a long history of success with several levels of evolution. There have been improvements in the framework of technical progress in engine technology and the landing gear. Visually, the adventure was adapted to the spirit of the time.

Much satisfied riders experienced the fun biking with this light and handy travel enduro which made good with the luggage for the great trip.

After an era of 9 successful years, it was over. 640 Adventure was abandoned by KTM.

The municipality awaiting a new. She should be modern, the modern high-performance, laufruhigeren 690er engine. A contemporary usage and tank capacity commensurate with one for travel are common wishes. But we hear nothing from Mattighofen. 2008,2009,2010 no small adventure in sight.

Reason enough for us saying:

"We do"

Based on the already well-known and proven many customers 690 Enduro, we offer a complete kit claims of the adventure series is fair. Our goal is to succeed, which safely and sporty brings your driver in the remotest corners of the Earth aimed a travel enduro.
It provides high reliability with the new 690er engine, coupled with an aggressive claim. Contemporary consumption and existing 26 litres fuel produces a range of over 500 kilometers. In the remotest corners of the world, this range ensures a secure sovereign progress.

The equipment with the cover produced from a stable and repair easy-to-use CSFs offers an excellent wind and weather and long allows arrival on European motorways without problems.

Technical data engine:

Engine type Single, 4-stroke
Engine capacity 654 cc
Bore x stroke 102 / 80 mm
Performance (homologiert) 46,3 kW / 7500 RPM
Maximum torque 64 Nm / 6000 RPM
Compression 11.8: 1
Starter battery Electric / 12V 8.6 AH
Gear 6 Gears, Chuck cascaded
Mixture preparation Keihin EMS with EPT (Electr.) (Power throttle)
Control 4 V / Rollenkipphebeln OHC
Lubrication Print circulation lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps
Sump 10W60 SAE Motorex,
Primary drive 36: 79
Secondary drive 15: 45
Cooling Liquid cooling
Coupling APTC Antihopping coupling, hydraulically operated
Engine management Keihin EMS with EPT (Electr.) (Power throttle)

Chassis:
Framework Chromium molybdenum grid frame, powder-coated
Frame rear Self bearing plastic tank
Bars Aluminium 28 / 22 mm konifiziert
Suspension front WP $ 48 mm
Suspension rear WP mono shock with Pro lever bypass
Travel front/rear 275 / 275 mm
Front brake Brembo dual piston floating saddle, disc 300 mm
Rear brake Brembo single piston floating saddle, disc 240 mm
Wheels, front/rear 1.85 x 21 "/ 2.50 x 18"
Tyres front/rear 90 / 90 21 "; 140 / 80-18"
Chain X ring 5 / 8 x 1 / 4 "
End damper Stainless steel exhaust with governed catalyst
Control head angle 63
Grace 115 mm
Wheelbase 1498 15 mm
Ground clearance unbelastet 300 mm
Seat height 930 mm
Fuel tank capacity approximately 26 L / 2.5 liter reserve
Weight (without petrol) 155 kg

The luggage accommodation ensures the carrier system proven in many Weltreisen from the Touratech House.

You can assemble the equipment according to your wishes in the modular system.

Prices:

Bezel 499 inkl.MwSt

Tank 699 incl. VAT incl. complete cultivation material

If you want to rebuild a 690 Enduro R you need a H4 headlamps of 690 Enduro

is this worth including cultivation material 110 incl. VAT

It offers a wesendlich better energy efficient than the pencil lux headlamps of Enduro R.

Our range of the cover of the tank to individual cockpit solution with GPS navigation.

Upon request we offer your KTM conversion in our professional workshop. We advise you gladly, info@ktmteamwest.de This email address is protected from Spambots! JavaScript must be enabled so that it can be displayed.

Please note that this modification has not ABE.
There are no short cuts to anywhere worth going!
Performance is paramount, niceties only exist if it doesn't affect performance.

Don't rush it, it's helmet time you need, not a destination. Take it easy.

Offline letsgofishing

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 04:45:30 pm »
Here is a slightly better translation:

Whether the deserts of Tunisia, or on the road, the 640 Adventure bones made a good impression. She was trimmed for the sporting journey into the world, no matter what obstacles lurking around the next bend.

Your technical data could already announce that the fun was not too short.

The engine with 624.6 cc has already brought in the lower speed range, the necessary power to go on in difficult situations confidently forward. The chassis with the powerful 50mm WP Extreme fork and the spring leg of the Enduro / MX Area promised high degree of comfort combined with a sporty vote.

The equipment with the famous rallying from the IMO and the sporty cockpit instrument panel with a good protective effect seduced to travel and rally. With a weight of around 190kg She was also considerably lighter than most of your trip cousins.

The adventure went through a long and successful history with several stages of evolution. There have been improvements in the technological advances in engine technology and the suspension. Visually, the adventure has been adapted to the spirit of the times.

A lot of satisfied riders experienced the excitement of motorcycling with this lightweight and handy travel enduro, which also went with the luggage for the trip a good figure.

After an era of 9 successful years, it was over. The KTM 640 Adventure was abandoned.

The community was waiting for a new one. It should be modern, have the equally powerful and modern smooth-engine 690s. A contemporary consumption and an adequate tank capacity for travel are frequent requests. Yet we hear nothing from Mattighofen. 2008,2009,2010 no small adventure in sight.

Reason enough for us to say:

"We do it"

On the basis of the already known and proven 690 Enduro for many customers, we offer a complete kit of the requirements of the Adventure series is just. Our goal is to create a travel enduro, which your driver will even in the remotest corners of the earth safe and sporty on the target.
It offers 690s with the new engine a high reliability, combined with a sporty claim. In a contemporary usage and the existing 26 liters of fuel, the range of over 500 kilometers. This range guarantees progress even in the remotest corners of the world a safe sovereign.

Equipped with a made from sturdy and repair Fiberglass fairing provides excellent protection from wind and weather and can also travel long on European motorways with no problems.
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Offline Wolweseun

• Forum Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • VannieBaai
    • Bikes n Bits
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 04:53:24 pm »
http://www.ktmteamwest.com/website/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=386&Itemid=508

Who can translate....Le cap?
That looks very nice
decent fairing and fuel tank and then you have a very good base to start
"Life is like a penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free...

it's women who make it hard"

www.bikesnbits.co.za

Offline Plaashaas

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 09:42:10 am »
And I can Guarantee you it wont be a crappy engine & that the bike weighs over  183 kg!!dry !!! (if the shoe fits)
Current rides: F800GS x 2

Id rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.