I'm new to this forum!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uiltjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi fellow Bikers

I was introduced to this forum by my friends Kat, Katoom, H2O, Koplamp etc.

I will be known to this forum as Uiltjie, as this name originated from a discussion between myself and Kat. He was mocking me about the fact that I don't sleep much at night, but always find something to do at night. I told him I should actually be known as Uitjie, which he enjoyed very much, hence the new nickname Uitjie. It really doesn't bother me, it is really an extension of my personality.

I ride a Honda Shadow 1100, coming from a biking childhood which started at age 5 with a Yamaha Mini Enduro 60cc. I have taken the long trip of growing through a number of bikes, mostly off roads and mostly Hondas. I currently live by the motto of "a litre or nothing" meaning any bike below 1000cc is just not good enough...... Well, due to financial reasons, I will be taking a test ride on a Honda Transalp this afterrnoon, and not a KTM 990, which I would much rather have, but would set me back at least another R50k!

However, the Transalp, with all the Leo Vince's and crash bars and jet kits, will enable me to enjoy the type of adventure rides all my friend go on.

So, if there is anyone out the today, who thinks I am making the mistake of my life, PLEASE tell me, as I will have to make a decision by tomorrow.

Cheers!

Uiltjie (hoo-hoo!)