Pot Hole of Death!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xchallenge

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zero (all models)
Hey guys

Just want to warn any Gauteng Riders out there, that there is a potentially lethal pot hole on Northumberland which was the cause of my front left blowing out last week, this also bent my wheel struts and damaged my shock pods (don't ask me what all of this means, Im by no means a car fundi)

https://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20100205042129853C436128&page_number=2

The pot hole is so bad, that The Star and IOL.co.za covered it off last week Friday, a day after my incident.
For your info, in the 1 hour span of me helping others who hit the pot hole, 20 cars blew out their tyres on the same spot, it was chaos next to the road.

I have taken a list of the people affected and I need to report it to someone but I cant get through to the JHB Roads Agency, the phone just rings and rings.

Anyone know of what action I can take against the Town Council or Roads Agency.

More importantly than me getting a new Tyre, I would like to save a life by preventing a Biker from dying instantly on the spot after hitting this pot hole (cars too, but this is far more lethal to bikers)

What is this country coming to, has anyone travelled last Leeukop Prison lately through Sunninghill to Kylami, it looks like a Crater in the Moon, there is hardly any road left.

Sometimes I think we would all be better off with Dirt Roads anyway, they would cause less damage.

Safe travelling everyone and please warn your friends about this pot hole.

Cheers
Dino