Fund set up for Elmer Symons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OX

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Apparently Elmer has no family except for his brother Phillip.

Following Elmer?s tragic death yesterday morning, Dinks has put together a fund-raising campaign to assist Elmer?s brother Philip with all the arrangements and costs that he will have to incur. Many of you will not be aware that Elmer made many sacrifices to achieve his Dakar dream, one of those being financial.

Dinks has told me that she has already been pledged some R80 000.00 including pledges of R20 000.00 from Guy Henley, R5 000.00 from South Coast Motorsport Club - there are others who I?m sure Dinks can identify and who should be cited for their generosity.

As custodians of the rider?s levies it has been suggested that an amount of R50 000.00 should be authorised to be paid from the levy trust for Elmer?s benefit. I do not have the authority to make this decision alone and we need to seek majority commission approval as well as that of broad rider agreement. Whilst you are all aware of my resignation from the Commission and the pending meeting with MSA on Friday morning, it remains incumbent on me (whether outgoing or not) to drive this.

Accordingly I shall create a post on e-dirt and quad-torque which shall seek rider approval as well as copy this e-mail to my entire motorsport distribution list. I respectfully request that everyone also copies it to all riders and entrants.

In return I ask that all commission members as well as any competitors/entrants who may receive this e-mail reply with a simple ?Yes? or ?No? to this suggestion. I shall then relay the responses to all and confirm our collective decision.

Thanks to all at this terrible time

Kind regards,

IAN MIRK

Note: For anyone wishing to make a direct contribution, the Account details are as follows:

Symons Sports Corporation

Standard Bank Ladybrand

Acc 0601 877 27

Sort Code: 05 77 25