Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Tankgirl UP!!!  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Gypsybaron

• My mind is like an eight lane highway - gridlocked!
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pick a direction, not a destination, and ride!
Re: Tankgirl Down
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2010, 11:18:54 am »
Hi TG, Sterkte met die herstel! Jy gaan seker nou baie meer op die forum rondhang tot jy weer op[ die been is  :mwink:
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

"It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go." Randy Travis - Three Wooden Crosses

Offline NO GOOD

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »
Sterkte en word gou gesond.Vasbyt!
Dakar loop weer

Offline Hondsekierie

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Away we go!!! Bikes: 690RFR, 950SE, 990Adv
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2010, 10:43:55 pm »
Mmm, time to get that lazy bum out of that shit hole girl :mwink:
“There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more"

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2010, 12:37:10 am »
hm, ek ken jou nie TG, maar ek dink aan jou, dit kon enige een van ons gewees het....
onthou , die pudding is altyd die beste in die hospitaal...xxxx

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Jovan

« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2010, 07:28:10 am »
all the best TG, get well soon!

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2010, 01:51:32 pm »
Just saw this - hope you are MUCH better by now!!! Lots of sympthy know how furstrating it is to be out of action.
Get well soon!
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline Winston

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Empangeni
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2010, 02:33:34 pm »
All the best TG. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Offline AntonDP

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2010, 02:41:45 pm »
It's been a while since we last received any news on TG.  Any update?

Camelman

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2010, 02:47:18 pm »
Heal fast TG!

Offline Kaptein Bos

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2010, 02:49:49 pm »
Couldn't do the skin transplant last week so she went back in Tuesday this week...  Unfortunately that is all I have for now... :-[

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2010, 04:38:20 pm »
PLEASE can someone PM me her address...........  :P   wanna send her tubes & some well-wishes!   :)
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline Cave Girl

« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2010, 06:38:31 pm »
TG should be back on line tomorrow as she was discharged   today :)

Offline tankgirl

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2010, 06:46:22 pm »
hey again :) thanks for the continuing messages of encouragement guys they mean a lot!

actually went back in on saturday as the doc had an opening that day and i was finally discharged again this afternoon after a long and shitty stay in the high care unit, the tap flap story they tried on saturday unfortunately failed and was reviewed and removed a day later. after they cleaned the wound they attached a little suction machine to the hole where it will hopefully promote bloodflow and growth to the tissue area while it keeps the wound dry, before they attempt another skin graft. (much later i hope because i feel anaesthetics four times in six days is just not on, but that's me)

sitting with a couple nasty roasties that are itching like crazy but at least i'm out of the hospital and away from all its beeping beds, soakin' up the love at my parents' place and like cave girl said i believe that's where the healing will really happen :)

had a long and hard time to think about everything (sort of re-evaluating my priorities like) it's a difficult time because i'm not a drastic decision maker, but say now if i wanna have grandkids oneday it's safer that i quit biking, because i'm just not scared enough of it, or i'm too selfish to put my friends and family through all this, but it's like my favourite thing in the world? so how! i obviously need to sharpen up on the atgatt, but i would also like to know if there's a cure for a tankslappin'? how could i have saved it? or wait, i'll do a search :P hehe

anyway, i don't see myself quitting, can try to be more careful and hope that's enough, but ja in the meantime you all must enjoy on my behalf  ;D

Offline Tonteldoos

• Bike: Honda XL1000V Varadero
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2010, 06:59:31 pm »
Hey TG
Welcome back!! Glad to hear you are out of hospital!!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Challenge = Innovation = Change

Offline Cave Girl

« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2010, 06:59:43 pm »
I said I would stop riding if I ever came off that didn't happen .... so hopefull you just get back on and be carefull and never ride without your gear - fortunatly I never get on the bike without full gear, Had my new gear long before I was able to get back on the bike, but miss the stuff they cut off me ... am on a second set as the first ones I bought just didn't make me feel comfortable on the bike. When you find a way to sort out a tank slap let me know cause I just ride a lot slower now and as GG will tell you I was always slow before  :peepwall:
Hang in there and remember your family and friends love you the way you are and they will understand when you do get back on the bike!
By the way as I am trailering down on to the FS bash if you still keen to go you are most welcome to ride with me. Be good for you to be out in the fresh air  :)

Offline chicco

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Revolution or death........
« Reply #135 on: February 18, 2010, 07:05:17 pm »

sitting with a couple nasty roasties that are itching like crazy but at least i'm out of the hospital and away from all its beeping beds, soakin' up the love at my parents' place and like cave girl said i believe that's where the healing will really happen :)

:useless:
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 990, HONDA CRF 230, KTM 990S

Offline Hondsekierie

« Reply #136 on: February 18, 2010, 07:06:02 pm »

:useless:

Perv :biggrin:

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #137 on: February 18, 2010, 07:08:52 pm »
Hi Tankgirl,
I hope you healing well & sounds like you are in good spirits! Yes, have a look at the ATGATT & see what needs to be done but the accident can happen to anyone.
You are sure to have a family as your spirit is indominable!
Ride safe
P
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Hondsekierie

« Reply #138 on: February 18, 2010, 07:16:53 pm »
TG, best of luck girl :thumleft:

No need to quit biking, accidents do happen.  Biking has the added fuckup that you normally experience pain with those accidents but it's amazing how much aware you become after an off.

Tankslappers - there's been a recent discussion (last week, can't remember what section) on tankslappers and what to doe, just hit the search button - Kamanya made a couple of very good points there.  Bottom line is that the tankslapper is initiated by the front wheel that get's disturbed, gets more amplified through the handlebars and eventually starts throwing throwing you into the slapping motion - especially when you start death gripping. Best is to just relax the arms and if you can, just take your hands of the handlebars - it will straighten out almost immediately.

Relax (no pun intended) and start slowly again - nothing like experience :mwink:

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2010, 07:47:50 pm »
TG, best of luck girl :thumleft:

No need to quit biking, accidents do happen.  Biking has the added fuckup that you normally experience pain with those accidents but it's amazing how much aware you become after an off.

Tankslappers - there's been a recent discussion (last week, can't remember what section) on tankslappers and what to doe, just hit the search button - Kamanya made a couple of very good points there.  Bottom line is that the tankslapper is initiated by the front wheel that get's disturbed, gets more amplified through the handlebars and eventually starts throwing throwing you into the slapping motion - especially when you start death gripping. Best is to just relax the arms and if you can, just take your hands of the handlebars - it will straighten out almost immediately.

Relax (no pun intended) and start slowly again - nothing like experience :mwink:

ill ask the newby question, what are the causes of a tankslap, ive heard the term...but thats about all...

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R