KTM640 Loose radiator hose???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doerengone

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Hi guys.
Went for a short ride this afternoon. As I pulled away at the lights, I felt the back start kicking sideways a bit under acceleration. I though I had hit a slight oilpatch and carried on. Then at the next stop, it happened again. I checked the tyre if it was flat, all ok and carried on for another say 2km, where I stopped to meet some people. When I walked back to the bike, I saw coolant under the bike. WTF... Long story short, my main hose feeding the motor with coolant had somehow worked loose,  pissing the contents out (with the hoseclamp stil attached) .  This was what had caused the sideslip after pissing out and getting in front of the back wheel. I waited for all to cool down really well and filled up with 2l of stil water. No damage appears to have been done, bike runs sweetly.

QUESTION: Nic/Frohan/Bakkies/Gav/Anton/Mich/Fidel etc..........any of you guys ever had a similar experience.
(PS, check your hose clamps).