Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Who left his 990R in the road?  (Read 3418 times)

Offline briv

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • I know how an Ostrich sounds!!! knaplap huh !
Re: Who left his 990R in the road?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2010, 06:20:24 am »
na al die gekark praat sal ek ook nie die bike claim nie .....ek sal soos "dieantwoord" voel  :eek7:  :imaposer:
oor B..erge en RIV..iere sal ons ry,
mag dit altyd tog so bly....
Yamaha AG 100. Honda XR200. Yamaha XS11.  KTM 640 ADV. BMW 650 DAKAR. Africa Twin RD07. KTM 990 ADV. BMW R1200 GS

is jy moeg,,,,, of vaak groot gemaak?  (2StrokeDan)

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:21 am »
Hey TBK, why drag ole Jules in here, is it because he is actually in real life a BMW man?
What happened to the Katoom is something the BM ouens have only heard rumours of; TYRE SHREDDING POWER!!!!
As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline Fenderbender

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Robertson
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2010, 07:32:25 am »
Hey TBK, why drag ole Jules in here, is it because he is actually in real life a BMW man?
What happened to the Katoom is something the BM ouens have only heard rumours of; TYRES WITH TUBES !!!!
fixed ;D

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2010, 09:07:03 am »
nah just goes to show the versatility ........... smacks the sports bikes on tar and kicks the KTWannabees on dirt ......  :pot:  :ricky:

Hey Broer, careful with too much truth. The KTMers buy the bike for fantasy, you may shatter their fantasy when they realise they spent all that money on a bike without even a fuel gauge... :biggrin:

KobusL

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2010, 09:08:47 am »
nah just goes to show the versatility ........... smacks the sports bikes on tar and kicks the KTWannabees on dirt ......  :pot:  :ricky:

Hey Broer, careful with too much truth. The KTMers buy the bike for fantasy, you may shatter their fantasy when they realise they spent all that money on a bike without even a fuel gauge... :biggrin:

Since when does the 1200GS/A have a fuel gauge, I thought it was more of a ......guideline?  :pot:

Offline NISMARK

• Ek is, daarom ek is Nismark!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • aka GENERAAL, maar noem my maar Oom Flip
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:03 am »
the transformers in action

Maybe its this bike, but think the ride fell off and got lost!  ;D
Ek val graag!!!

cocky

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2010, 09:11:24 am »

What the fark would i want to do with a fuel gauge?? Look where you are going not where the hell you must stop and have a lunch. Live the adventure and fark the the trinkets! That is what riding a KTM is about not the shit that adds no value to the experience!

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2010, 09:19:31 am »
nah just goes to show the versatility ........... smacks the sports bikes on tar and kicks the KTWannabees on dirt ......  :pot:  :ricky:

What the fark would i want to do with a fuel gauge?? Look where you are going not where the hell you must stop and have a lunch. Live the adventure and fark the the trinkets! That is what riding a KTM is about not the shit that adds no value to the experience!

Great idea. Vark the trinkets, vark the clothes. Lets wear animal skins and walk and carry clubs. Now I understand the KTM mentality  :pot: :imaposer:

Its a reactionary response to being overtaken by technology  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 09:20:37 am by HVDM »

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2010, 09:21:29 am »

Since when does the 1200GS/A have a fuel gauge, I thought it was more of a ......guideline?  :pot:

Sort of like the eyeball into the KTM tank, or the stick being dipped down?  :imaposer:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2010, 09:24:27 am »
Having a fuel guage on my 990 would be nice, I must admit, but I guess it's a small sacrifice to pay for having good suspension.... :pot: :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2010, 09:27:52 am »

Live the adventure .......so you like walking 50km to the nearest pump .....after not worrying where you have to stop ,,,,,,,,  :pot: :ricky:
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2010, 09:36:19 am »

Live the adventure .......so you like walking 50km to the nearest pump .....after not worrying where you have to stop ,,,,,,,,  :pot: :ricky:

Or a kind hearted BMer can always bring him petrol in one of those panniers  :biggrin:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2010, 09:38:08 am »

No, we are just not as pampered, we know more or less how far we can go before the fuel light comes on, yes, we do have fuel lights...then we know we need fuel within the next 50km or so.
We just have to be a bit more wide awake. Where are all the 650GS/Dakar riders? They don't have a fuel guage either....how many of them do you see walking?

A fuel guage is very lekker to have, but not essential, the KTM has other features that FAR outweigh the luxury of having a fuel guage.... 8)
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2010, 09:39:45 am »
Having a fuel guage on my 990 would be nice, I must admit, but I guess it's a small sacrifice to pay for having good suspension.... :pot: :biggrin:

By having a BM at the push of a button you can go from comfortable to off road hard suspension, saving wear and tear on your butt. So lets see, adventure is a sore butt, running out of fuel, being buffeted by wind, having no roadside assistance.... I thought the KTMers said adventure is the destination, not the misery you suffer getting there..  :biggrin: :imaposer:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:48 am »

By having a BM at the push of a button you can go from comfortable to off road hard suspension, saving wear and tear on your butt. So lets see, adventure is a sore butt, running out of fuel, being buffeted by wind, having no roadside assistance.... I thought the KTMers said adventure is the destination, not the misery you suffer getting there..  :biggrin: :imaposer:

Clearly you have not ridden a 990.....
 :pot:
And I've never suffered any misery getting anywhere...Next month we will be two couples doing Namibia on 990's, panniers and all, I'll let you know how much we suffered when we return....

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 09:47:58 am »

And I've never suffered any misery getting anywhere...Next month we will be two couples doing Namibia on 990's, panniers and all, I'll let you know how much we suffered when we return....

What if someone would see me?  :imaposer: :pot:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 09:52:32 am »

What if someone would see me?  :imaposer: :pot:

They would see it as a step in the right direction... :pot: :biggrin:

Try it before you knock it, I've had both, what other bikes have you ridden? Or have you also been blindfolded by the BMW advertising system?

Offline MrBig

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph 955 Tiger
  • Stellenbosch
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 10:21:58 am »
jirre this thread is in it's moer good and proper!   ;D
what's up with this us / them bullshit?

thank goodness I don't ride either.  >:D
"I know you think you understand what I said, but what you don't understand is what I said is not what I mean."

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 10:23:10 am »
Oh geez don't even get us started on Triumphs !!!!!!!
 :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:

You just had to ask for that one  :ricky:
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline Martin-DR650

• Adventure Seeker
  • Race Dog
  • If you ain't FIRST you LAST!
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 10:23:31 am »
This thread should be changed to KTM VS BMW ? ?

(but we all know KTM wins :biggrin:)

:laughing4: ;)
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful !