The ride report with some pics (More pic's added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMA_Andy

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Ok well this was a ride a friend and I did last weekend to the Freedom Road Rally in Stillbaai, we left Cape town at around 13h00 (an hour late as my mate got stuck at work) on Friday and set out for Hermanus, Hermanus --> Stanford. Here we filled the bellies of the ponies and set off. From here we hit dirt and the real ride started. We let some air out of the tyres and were off in no time.
Here is a arty farty pic. Somewhere between Bredarsdorp and nowhere.
2006_0217offroad0008_small.JPG

On the same road:
2006_0217offroad0007_small.JPG

We had a short stop at a cafe in the middle of nowhere where we met a guy by the name of Nico who runs this little gem of a shop. This guy handed out free coffee insisting that Bikers who ride these roads do not pay for coffee at my shop. We of course did not argue this as it was real nice coffee and real nice of Nico. Well we got some real rusty directions and set off for Malgas here we missed the turn off and when we saw the ocean decided to consult the map only to find we had missed the poorly sign boarded road that we should be on by +- 20 km?s, not complaining as any excuse to ride more is good in my books, this image is us out in the middle of nowhere and heading back to the road we should be on.
2006_0217offroad0012_small.JPG

At the pont
2006_0217offroad0013_small.JPG

this next image is of us crossing the Pont at Malgas
2006_0217offroad0014_small.JPG

this was a real adventure as I had never been over something like this.
2006_0217offroad0017_small.JPG

Well as we got to the other side of the Breede River we headed for the coast where, luckily, we found a petrol station still open as we were fast running out of 1 sunlight and 2 petrol, here they were cooking up some real nice smelling chickens, and for two guys that had not eaten anything except a peanut butter and syrup sarmie was too much for us so we quickly hit the road to use as much of the fast fading sunlight. From here our next stop would be Stillbaai and boy was this a test of faith the last 50km or so was in the dark and around every second corner we were dodging buck rabbits and the odd owl who would fly right up at the headlight. This was slow going and very draining riding and I was very glad to get back onto the hard black stuff and roll into Stillbaai at 21h00, Yip we had a great time and sure would do it again this time we must just leave on time?[/img]