Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Hein Kumm Motorrad in East London closing??  (Read 1626 times)

GreenMamba1974

Re: Hein Kumm Motorrad in East London closing??
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 07:12:29 pm »
Not supprised at all. E.L is going backward fast.

We don't even have a caravan place anymore.

The stange thing is, they have just built the biggest shopping centre in the Eastern Cape in East London. If you go to Edgars etc. during the week, somtimes you are the only person in the shop. go figure.

it has always looked backward from an infrastructure point of view, hence the name slummies.  however, from a business point of view one week in the border region (including kingwilliamstown, queenstown and mthata) is easily worth three to four weeks in p.e and surrounds.

i grew up there and have since travelled to east london very regularly.  i have noticed a change in the last three years though, the place is looking ragged in places.  anc infighting and a useless municipality seem to be the main reason.

Offline chicco

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Never give up.
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 08:15:38 pm »
Nou hiers die gat slag, al die ander bike brands in SA se services kos minder, nou hoe kry hulle dit reg? Wel hulle kan vir n begin, nie hoef aan die standaarde van BMW te voldoen nie, so n Kawa dealer sit n sign op n goedkoper perseel en begin deel, wel hy moet sy bikes koop, kry hulle nie op consignment nie. Dan, hy kan enige ander parte ook aanhou en after market goed, wat BMW dealers nie mag doen nie.

dis nie k@k nie, toe ek in EL was het ek my gat af gesoek na die KTM shop......My dubble garage is groter...... :mwink:
KLR650, KTM 950, KTM 950S, KTM 990, KTM 990S, KTM 990R

Offline GSing

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Direct Your Adventure
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 11:21:29 pm »
Julle manne moet maar Gauteng toe kom! Ons het baie dealerships hier en terwyl julle wag vir die fietse kom maak 'n draai....

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 08:07:27 am »
Julle manne moet maar Gauteng toe kom! Ons het baie dealerships hier en terwyl julle wag vir die fietse kom maak 'n draai....

aaaag thanks man.  ;)

Smithey, George is a bit far, but thanks  :thumleft:

Yes, Chicco, and oldyoung Simon is doing quite well for himself.. Butch from KTMSA once flew down to come and tell Simon this horseshit small shop and the fact that he service bikes where the customers can them is not on, and he will close him down if he does not stop. And btw, he is to small a dealer to sell 950's. Well, Simon told him get back on the plane and go home, it's not happening. The place is too small for image and fancy showrooms.

I have a GS911 joppie, that's doing the job of the BMW diagnostic machine they have, any body knows of a good cheap mechanic I can employ, and I will open Mbikes for BMW services here in EL?
Will get special prices on parts from Hentie.  :mwink:

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:09:54 am by michnus »

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 08:25:11 am »
Smithy, the Motorrad dealer in George is under the same roof as the BMW car dealer. Same owner.
And they are doing brisk business.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 08:27:10 am »
Smithy, the Motorrad dealer in George is under the same roof as the BMW car dealer. Same owner.

Lynne Schroeder? (spelling) Those people once helped me after hours to fix a flat, great bunch, and they are really involved in their dealership, that's why it's working.  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:27:43 am by michnus »

Offline ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 08:33:49 am »
Guys come live in Prieska. Here we are spoilt for choice. Just about all the best dealers and service centres are the same distance to travel to.............. :imaposer:
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 09:16:51 am »

Lynne Schroeder? (spelling) Those people once helped me after hours to fix a flat, great bunch, and they are really involved in their dealership, that's why it's working.  :thumleft:

Yip, Donovan (the bikes-division manager) will sell ice to an eskimo.  :biggrin:
But they are on top of their game.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Frog

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:15 am »

Yip, Donovan (the bikes-division manager) will sell ice to an eskimo.  :biggrin:
+1 They went out of there way to help me out when my gearbox packed up in Die Hel. By far the best service I have received from any dealer in the motor industry.
Triumph Thuxton R
Triumph Bonneville T120
KTM 990R
KTM 990 Adventure (sold), BMW 650 Xchallenge (sold)
BMW 1200GSA (sold)

Offline CaptainCrash

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 09:49:07 am »

+1 They went out of there way to help me out when my gearbox packed up in Die Hel. By far the best service I have received from any dealer in the motor industry.

+1 I picked up some electrical issues on my 1200GS after riding Die Hel they took 15 minutes to sort it out and didn't charge I was extremely impressed !

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 10:36:48 pm »
I feel sorry for them, but I think also maybe a bit of poor management.
I used to do work for them and often had a hard time by some poppie as the Manageres there. Always wondered how they they survive with that attitude. The sales men were ok but poppie had a real bad attitude.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 10:38:33 pm by JohanGPS »
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Online fixit

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 09:09:28 am »
I feel sorry for them, but I think also maybe a bit of poor management.
I used to do work for them and often had a hard time by some poppie as the Manageres there. Always wondered how they they survive with that attitude. The sales men were ok but poppie had a real bad attitude.

Don't ever recall a poppie there but the salesman, cool oke, but absoultely clueless about BMW's. And as for the mechie??? WTF. Attitude of note!
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline Espial

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 09:17:55 am »
As ek mag vra? Hoekom skuif die fietse nie net om die hoek na die motor dealer nie? Klink seker na 'n &$% vraag, was desember vir die eerste keer in E.L vir vakansie.
'07 BMW F650GS
'08 Bashan 250cc SM
'10 Vuka 125cc (pink)

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 09:22:36 am »

Lynne Schroeder? (spelling) Those people once helped me after hours to fix a flat, great bunch, and they are really involved in their dealership, that's why it's working.  :thumleft:

+1 on Donovan

Online fixit

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 09:25:37 am »
As ek mag vra? Hoekom skuif die fietse nie net om die hoek na die motor dealer nie? Klink seker na 'n &$% vraag, was desember vir die eerste keer in E.L vir vakansie.

Sorry for the English response, but they were with the car division before. Probably weren't making money, hence getting rid of it. Will swing by this afternoon to hear what the story is.
Happiness is not getting what you want, but appreciating  what you already have.

Offline JohanGPS

• Pack Dog
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2010, 05:52:46 am »
Poppie claimed to be the manager, however the skills, tact and common business sense was not there.
 But like you said +1 for Donovan
This country suffers from cANCcer. If we don't have it cut out it will be terminal.

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 10:48:57 am »

Clarence the owner of the car dealership gave it away, he had to much shit with typical BMW riders and their attitudes, and he said he can sell two 2nd cars and make more money than with bikes.

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 11:09:13 am »
Het Vrydagaand by die R+P braai gehoor dat BMW George werklik uit hul pad sal gaan vir n klient. Ek hoop hulle word goed ondersteun.
Wat betref die handelaars, almal blameer BMWSA, maar die deursnee BMW koper sal nie n BM uit n "tweederangse" gebou koop nie!!
BMW ryers is dus deels skuldig aan handelaars insetkoste. Van die beste diens het ek al gekry van mense wat uit minder as "fancy" geboue uit
werk, oordeel n handelaar aan sy diens en nie sy geboue!! Die gebou is opgerig met geld voorgeskiet deur toekomstige kliente.

Die hedendaagse klient, of dit nou Audi of BMW Motorrad is, plaas te veel vertroue in 1ste visuele indrukke.
I say; back to basics.
As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:38 am »
Het Vrydagaand by die R+P braai gehoor dat BMW George werklik uit hul pad sal gaan vir n klient. Ek hoop hulle word goed ondersteun.
Wat betref die handelaars, almal blameer BMWSA, maar die deursnee BMW koper sal nie n BM uit n "tweederangse" gebou koop nie!!
BMW ryers is dus deels skuldig aan handelaars insetkoste. Van die beste diens het ek al gekry van mense wat uit minder as "fancy" geboue uit
werk, oordeel n handelaar aan sy diens en nie sy geboue!! Die gebou is opgerig met geld voorgeskiet deur toekomstige kliente.

Die hedendaagse klient, of dit nou Audi of BMW Motorrad is, plaas te veel vertroue in 1ste visuele indrukke.
I say; back to basics.

Het jy scientific bewys daarvan? Dis n wille stelling om te maak, en n moerse veralgemening, maar ook nie die grootste rede hoekom enkelstaande dealers sukkel nie. As BMW hulle toelaat om ander produkte te verkoop, sal die grootste gros kliente nie uitloop en oorkant die straat goedkoper klere en toersusitng loop koop nie.

Maar jy is reg, go back to basics  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 11:19:34 am by michnus »

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 11:34:35 am »
Michnus, BMW is van die top verkoper fietse, watse ander goed wil hulle nou verkoop om kop bo water te hou?
Advertensie reel no1; as jy die geldgatte wil trek, laat die trekpleister na n 5-ster storie lyk. Maar dit las natuurlik by die produk se koste.
Maar omdat jy nou geldgatte trek, speel koste n minder belangrike rol.
Ek het mos al baie gehoor van die manne wat BM"s ry want hulle kan dit bekostig en ek moet self se dat n mens voel soos n miljoen dollar
in so n fensie gebou met n verkoopsman wat soos n vleiende vlieg om jou draai, dan teken jy daai oorplasinkie sommer gou-gou.
As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.