Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: "Werkloos" enjoying peak-hour traffic!  (Read 758 times)

Offline Bernoulli

"Werkloos" enjoying peak-hour traffic!
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:53:30 am »
Was stuck in the cage on the N1 last night at about 18h00 when a 9** KTM passed me slowly ambling its way through the stationary traffic, but here's the nice bit: The rider was pumping both legs on the footrests and shaking his head to some music that only he could hear :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: and I thought: "That's why it makes sense to ride a bike - you even enjoy the peak hour slog!!"

His numberplate was Werkloos.WP :ricky: :ricky:

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
Re: "Werkloos" enjoying peak-hour traffic!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:46:18 am »
Last Friday afternoon .......my brother in law had to pick up his 1200 from the shop across the road from me ........so we decided he would get it at around 15.00 and hang around so we could ride back home together.

So 17.00 comes and we set off .........so hot neither of us have our jackets on .......just gonna be a relaxed cruise ....yeah right !!!

Barreling through traffic ....dicing a VFR, having so much fun it actually was illegal at some stages ...hahahahahahahaha

Totally irresponsible and juvenile ..............but so much fun.............

Got home and was grinning like naughty school boys ..........wifes just looked at us and were listening to the "Did you see that and damn that was wild " etc ......... muttering something about men and their toys ......but we weren't listening as we were on our way to the pool and an ice cold Windhoek to cool down ...............

Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline HVDM

• BANNED
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:01:47 pm »
Last Friday afternoon .......my brother in law had to pick up his 1200 from the shop across the road from me ........so we decided he would get it at around 15.00 and hang around so we could ride back home together.

So 17.00 comes and we set off .........so hot neither of us have our jackets on .......just gonna be a relaxed cruise ....yeah right !!!

Barreling through traffic ....dicing a VFR, having so much fun it actually was illegal at some stages ...hahahahahahahaha

Totally irresponsible and juvenile ..............but so much fun.............

Got home and was grinning like naughty school boys ..........wifes just looked at us and were listening to the "Did you see that and damn that was wild " etc ......... muttering something about men and their toys ......but we weren't listening as we were on our way to the pool and an ice cold Windhoek to cool down ...............

Just be careful. If something happens to you who will help me rip off the KTM manne? :biggrin:

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 01:16:21 pm »
hahahahahaaha....for the greater good I will ATGATT from now on and ride like a KTM'er ...slow and responsible  :pot: ...anyone have yellow socks, belt, pants and jocks for me ???  :peepwall:
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline Martin-DR650

• Adventure Seeker
  • Race Dog
  • If you ain't FIRST you LAST!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 03:51:33 pm »
Was stuck in the cage on the N1 last night at about 18h00 when a 9** KTM passed me slowly ambling its way through the stationary traffic, but here's the nice bit: The rider was pumping both legs on the footrests and shaking his head to some music that only he could hear :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: and I thought: "That's why it makes sense to ride a bike - you even enjoy the peak hour slog!!"

I know the guy-Did he have a Grey(plastic)KTM topbox on?
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful !

Offline Kreef

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 03:59:49 pm »
The rider was pumping both legs on the footrests and shaking his head to some music that only he could hear :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: and I thought: "That's why it makes sense to ride a bike - you even enjoy the peak hour slog!!"

Recently installed an F4 in my helmet. Bliksem dis lekker! A few inspirational roadtrip treffers and I'm bobbing around on my bike. It does however get a bit dodgy when I realise that I am playing the 2 handed air guitar while standing on the bike  :thumleft: :thumleft:
From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few. We band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

Offline Martin-DR650

• Adventure Seeker
  • Race Dog
  • If you ain't FIRST you LAST!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 04:01:31 pm »
The rider was pumping both legs on the footrests and shaking his head to some music that only he could hear :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: and I thought: "That's why it makes sense to ride a bike - you even enjoy the peak hour slog!!"

Recently installed an F4 in my helmet. Bliksem dis lekker! A few inspirational roadtrip treffers and I'm bobbing around on my bike. It does however get a bit dodgy when I realise that I am playing the 2 handed air guitar while standing on the bike  :thumleft: :thumleft:
F4?
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful !

Offline Yefimovich˛

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • R1200RT
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 04:18:52 pm »

I know the guy-Did he have a Grey(plastic)KTM topbox on?

:laughing4:

Dude, if you know the guy then the top box is irrelevant, hence personalised number plates  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards

Offline Kreef

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:21:28 pm »
F4?

Interphone F4. Bluetooth headset. Stereo sound :)
From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few. We band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother.

Offline STEFAN XRV750

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Cape Town NO BETTER TIME LIKE THE PRESENT!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 07:09:42 am »
F4?

these headsets are the shits!!!! had mine for 6 months now and it is the best thing since the
AT was launched!!! :thumleft:

Interphone F4. Bluetooth headset. Stereo sound :)
As good as it get's!