Pretoria to Warmbaths by Dirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVDM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Boer and I put the crash bars on my bike, well not 100% yet but good enough for a ride.

19022010.jpg

Went from Pta east to Cullinan via the road of death, the R104. Straight north past cullinan then turn left towards the Moloto Rd. first left after getting on  Moloto rd puts you on gravel heading north. Corrugated by cages. damn who opened the cages and let the monkeys out? You can barely call it riding as you are standing on the begs most of the time. This pic is where I stopped for a lunch of bread rolls, chesse, salami, tomatoes  and parsely out of my garden. washed down with Oros. It shows the corrugations but not clear. its far worse. the cage wheels are jumpiing up and down, and you either stand or have the bike pushed up your arse. You will have more bruises than a bomchom.

20022010.jpg

after crossing a boom gate I see this and think WTF? this sign deserves a pic as i wonder if it is used in the K53 test:

20022010002.jpg

20022010001.jpg

Later on  a stop by a spruit to relieve sore knees, wrists and arse

20022010003.jpg

hey dis tima ting, it weks

20022010004.jpg

By rust de winter, another stop to get the dust out of my throat with Oros

20022010050.jpg

Then head to Warmbad for a cold beer at O Hagens. And a Fark You Okes for never posting ride reports and pics. Then my arse, back, shoulders, and wrists being sore, I do the tourer thing and take the R101 back to Pta, inhaling the smell of shit, burining, sewage, and the new SA in Hammanskraal, with a stop at a Porra shop in Pyramid.  Some of the vrou mense I saw there, I think the watch out for elephants sign would be appropriate  :biggrin:

Tomorrow the bike needs to be hosed down and gotten ready for the next trip :biggrin: