What exactly is a poser?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HVDM

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
OK, many people use this term, but WTF does it mean?

Is a poser:

Someone who uses a DS bike to commute or in town (ok so who doesnt do this)?
Someone who buys BM, KTM or Suzuki etc kit beacuse he likes it, its very good quality and they can afford it?
Someone who calls good gravel road off road?

In your replies be honest mense. I have BM kit. I happen to find it comfortable, good quality, can wear the jacket closed in >30 heat etc. But I still think the price is outrageous, and have nothing with the BM logo plastered to be visible. I hate that; if I must advertise they should pay me. The only BM kit I dont like is the boot.

Travel wise, I dont commute by bike. I use my cage. I do the occaisonal work trip by bike if not too far. time wise, lets say 40-50% gravel. distance wise maybe 20% due to slower speeds. My off road will consist of cage capable gravel, bad gravel, and some tracks (which is  a small % of total Kms on my bike)

Now realistically look at your day to day commute in km and time on the bike. Compare that to your off road.

At what percent tar do you become a poser?

OK, if you own a KTM you are automatically a poser. Sorry orange okes, couldnt resist just one joke at your expense :biggrin:  Just pulling your legs of course, since your legs are too short for a BM LOL! Besides, If I dont tease the KTM manne how will i gat mark hardy and adventurer to respond with their usual wit?  :biggrin: