Dress for the fall, not the ride...!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerhard

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Early Saterday morning (05:45) sat drinking coffee and enjoying the early morning after last nights rain. Family sleeping. Decided to see how mutch rain fell in the Donkerpoort area just outside Pretoria. Sommer net `n lekker entjie se ry...
:? Pulled on my boots and knee guards (!) but not the rest of my kit.
Still dont know why the hell I only got dressed 1/2 way.
:oops: Got going, enjoyed the fresh air, not much water puddles, saw `n skelm paaitjie next to the Pienaars rivier with some birds building nest, etc. Wanted to get some photographs but their nests were not accesabile. On the way back to the main road, very unexpectedly (dont these things always happen unexpectantly!?) at about 15 or 20 kph, my front wheel slipped in the clay tweespoortjie and I bought a HUGE farm :cry:Fell on my right side and rolled 2 or 3 times. Right knee and leg full of mud and clay and grass. Thank heavens I was wearing my mx boots and knee guards or else things could have been quite different.
Lucky no damadge on the KLR but for some graspolle sticking to gear lever and brake pedal. Camera bag also OK but hurt my chest as a result of an earlier war injury.
To make a sad storey short. Warning:DRESS FOR THE FALL AND NOT THE RIDE! Even if is very hot and whatever reason you have, used all your kit as intended. And no, no pics - did not dig my camera out because everything was full of muck. Dont think Canon cameras function with claypaw prints all over them!
PS : Not sure where to list this thread but please see it as warning for other riders.