Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WTF - Time to hang out da laundry - POST MORTEM!!  (Read 3190 times)

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
WTF - Time to hang out da laundry - POST MORTEM!!
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 08:10:47 am »
Take it up with BMW SA. Let them give the dealer shite and sort the mechie out. I mean, other people may also suffer because of his incompetence.

They might give you a "Sorry" pressie as well. One never knows. Maybe a BMW branded onderbroek or something. :shock:  :wink:  :lol:
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline Stephan

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • bwk
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 08:27:15 am »
Quote from: "Grootseun"
At least you got an invoice kopklamp, when i collected my bike, i got nothing, I am not even sure if they checked the sparkplugs, on the way to work this morning, the dakkie surged all the way, it's goin for it's 10klik service soon, and surely the plugs will be changed then, pity i am paying for it.

GS, check your manual, think the sparkplug is only supposed to be swopped @ 20k.  If they change the sparkplug it's a warranty repair.  Mine got swapped @ 10k and 20k, no charge because they're supposed to last 20k.
Hard reality does not often coincide with the people's wishes - Nelson Mandela

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 08:30:38 am »
Thnx Stephan, will definately make a fuss hwen taking it in for service, i am just not using lyndhurst again, i will be taking it to Northside, they were cheaper than Lyndhurst the previous time sound, and i am sure i will not have to wait 2 weeks for an apointment

Red Adventure

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 09:07:44 am »
Has anybody sent a link of this tread to Donfords via E-mail? I think they sould be aware of this discussion.

Offline koplamp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 10:09:06 am »
Quote from: "Grootseun"
At least you got an invoice kopklamp, when i collected my bike, i got nothing, I am not even sure if they checked the sparkplugs, on the way to work this morning, the dakkie surged all the way, it's goin for it's 10klik service soon, and surely the plugs will be changed then, pity i am paying for it.

Plugs are only replaced on 20 000 k's but they have to be checked at the 10 000 k service. Make sure they do...

Offline koplamp

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 10:22:58 am »
Quote from: "Red Adventure"
Has anybody sent a link of this tread to Donfords via E-mail? I think they sould be aware of this discussion.

RA, being the d@@s I am. I phoned up the service consultant at Donford to tell them 1. that the problem has now been sorted out 2. what the problem was in the end 3. how they could have identified and solved this problem 4. that I am of the intention to take this to the ends of the earth or even to my Tannie Ruda (see pic) if needs be. I am sooo pissed off it's not funny. Being told to bring the bike hence and forth while the techie is too incompetent or too stupid to actually fix the problem that should have been fixed at the 10000 k service. I mean really...

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2007, 10:39:55 am »
What did he say in response?

PS: Threads like this one and the KTM service one is invaluable to mechanical no-brainers like me.

I take the bike in with complete trust in the dealer to sort it out. This will help that they don't "voer me poep"".

Thanks. :wink:
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline koplamp

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007, 10:50:18 am »
JM - not sure what the oke actually meant, but he invited me to go ahead and take it as far as I'd like. "It's your right to" kinda thing.

bobnob

fark-off
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2007, 11:59:32 am »
Quote from: "koplamp"
JM - not sure what the oke actually meant, but he invited me to go ahead and take it as far as I'd like. "It's your right to" kinda thing.

thats the nice way of saying "do what the fark you want - i only get paid 3k for answering the phone and i dont care"

Offline koplamp

Re: fark-off
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2007, 12:21:30 pm »
Quote from: "bobnob"

thats the nice way of saying "do what the fark you want - i only get paid 3k for answering the phone and i dont care"

Or "do what the fark you want, we have plenty on other sales lined up and you are wasting time we could be using in getting more".

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
Re: fark-off
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2007, 12:27:20 pm »

Or "do what the fark you want, we have plenty on other sales lined up and you are wasting time we could be using in getting more".

i say do it dude. your frustration is logical, and the powers that be might just listen.

do it !!!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2007, 03:09:54 pm »
Would you like Lachlan Harris' number? He is cheif honcho of BMW bikes in SA. Any higher than that and you will have to speak German. :D
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline SGB

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • 1190R / 1200 GS LC / Husaberg TE 300
    • DS Rider Training
Service
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2007, 03:30:05 pm »
Most of you know my feelings when it comes to dealer relations.  My advice here would be that you should put your whole story in writing, with all the events leading to your frustration listed in chronological order.  
Include names and dates and places as much as possible.

Also state what you expect them to do in compensation, and place a monetary value on your pain and suffering.  This draws a line in the sand and you can work from there.

Send the letter your dealer, Mr Harris, the BMW website, This forum, Bike magazines, etc.

Whatever response you get will form your future perceptions of your favourite brand and you can move ahead.  Phone calls generally gets you no further than where you already are.  I really hope your confidence levels are restored by the outcome!    :)  :(  :?:  :idea:
www.countrytrax.co.za

Riding a bike is not just about riding the bike....
Do not believe everything you think....

Offline Lito

• BANNED TROLL
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • BANNED TROLL
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2007, 04:18:52 pm »
SGB - the thinking bikers man.

Love it SGB!  8)  8)

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2007, 05:48:48 pm »
You're right SGB, I'm having this same issue with PG Glass at the moment. :twisted:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2007, 08:16:32 pm »
Quote from: "Adventurer"
You're right SGB, I'm having this same issue with PG Glass at the moment. :twisted:

yeah , shoddy service is not restricted to the motor industry , its the entire service industry from the motor industry to the kitchen cupboard industry to the carpet industry ,,any service industry in ZA has much to learn ..look at hellopeter for instance ...its madness...

not really sure what the problem is , but prolly companies all chasing profits and perhaps not enough ppl to do the work or whatever...

i try to be as self sufficient as possible ... that way i know the job is done an the service is great  :wink:
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline MuttsNutts

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • 1200 Bayerische Motoren Werke Gelende Strasse Adve
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2007, 08:35:07 pm »
That a good Idea, also take it to Hello Peter

shark_za

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2007, 08:40:37 pm »
Shoddy Service, Bah!!!

I'm waiting for a letter from my medical aid to confirm I have cover while racing bikes in organised events.
Apparently Discovery does cover this and the lady I spoke with said she would forward the request to the correspondence department.
The 2nd person I spoke too about 4 days later said it was done and I must wait.
A week and a bit later (today) I hear that this was never done and its only been submitted now.

Frikken lairs !!!

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2007, 09:35:35 pm »
Shark, watch out for Discovery. When it comes to any thing that might hurt you ie riding bikes, sport they nwill cover you but only at exorbitin fee with tons of rules and regs. If you compete in a race they do not cover, if you have an old injury and hurt it again tuff luck etc. Read the fine print with a lawyer if need be. I talk from experience with dealing with them. I am an untouchable because of my past injuries and lifestyle ie biking, skydiving etc.

Offline Metaljockey

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • Dodgy S.O.B.
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2007, 11:34:20 pm »
I have some experience here.

Asked Discovery for a letter confirming cover for club races, 4 days after receiving the letter 'The Bitch' threw me into some rocks resulting in my wrist exploding into six pieces during a race.

No hassle, no extra charge, paid up no problem.

But, like Sharkie is doing now, get the letter.