Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: WTF - Time to hang out da laundry - POST MORTEM!!  (Read 3187 times)

Offline koplamp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: Service
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2007, 03:35:33 pm »
Quote from: "SGB"
Most of you know my feelings when it comes to dealer relations.  My advice here would be that you should put your whole story in writing, with all the events leading to your frustration listed in chronological order.  
Include names and dates and places as much as possible.

Also state what you expect them to do in compensation, and place a monetary value on your pain and suffering.  This draws a line in the sand and you can work from there.

Send the letter your dealer, Mr Harris, the BMW website, This forum, Bike magazines, etc.

Whatever response you get will form your future perceptions of your favourite brand and you can move ahead.  Phone calls generally gets you no further than where you already are.  I really hope your confidence levels are restored by the outcome!    :)  :(  :?:  :idea:

SGB, thanks for the great advice. I was away to Zambia and Malawi during the latter part of last week until today. I followed up with the dealership that's supposed to take care of the bike at the moment. They are really doing a fine job. Even replacing under warranty the Akra system that was poorly fitted first time round by...you know who. I think BMW stands by their products and although there are one or two okes / dealers that makes k@k generally the parent co. isn't scared to back it up.

I think the time has come to go for ride.

Offline koplamp

WTF - Time to hang out da laundry - POST MORTEM!!
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2007, 05:43:45 pm »
I went to fetch my scooter today from the BMW Health Spa. What a difference. She feels like a new bike. Lot's of power, smooth and on demand, right through every gear at all rev's. In the end only one of the main plugs was crakced and once they sorted that, brand new bike. One time!

I phoned customer services regarding the double oversight in the first place - I am still completely farked over as to how the technician didn't even take the plugs out during its scheduled service even after I told him about my problem.

But the BMW okes says that they are investigating and that Dr. G is on the case. I regret having had to go the 0860 route, but I can tell you that it got my problem sorted out very very quickly where as I doubt that it would / could have been taken care off the other way round.

Since service is the key to a happy machine - I for one would from now on carefully consider who services my bike.

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2007, 06:39:09 pm »
What is it with us SA people that we have to feel guilty for complaining when one does not get service?

This is not shitty service over a R100 Wimpy bill. Your'e talking a R100K+ piece of machinery here!

Well done Koplamp! Your actions will certainly help to keep the dealers on their toe's. This helps all the customers in the end.
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline koplamp

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2007, 08:26:40 pm »
Quote from: "JourneyMan"
What is it with us SA people that we have to feel guilty for complaining when one does not get service?

This is not shitty service over a R100 Wimpy bill. Your'e talking a R100K+ piece of machinery here!

Well done Koplamp! Your actions will certainly help to keep the dealers on their toe's. This helps all the customers in the end.

Sure - you are 100 % correct JM. Pleasure is mine.

Grootseun, any luck with your BMW Sputcycle and it's sputtering?

Offline Grootseun

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2007, 08:55:01 am »
It's been a while since id did it, in fact, the last time was around the 12th of jan, i recently taped up the rubber grommet where the petrolpump electrical plugs are, as it was torn, got some SERIOUS rain sunday PM, and it's still running like clockwork.

Bike has still to go for it's service but i am working on that one.. as soon as this tornado that is my being settles down.. i will probably be able to do it.

So no complaints from me at the mo.

Glad you got yours sorted...