WTF - Time to hang out da laundry - POST MORTEM!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koplamp

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
When I am gooing with my GS around 5500 rpm it feels like it realy takes off. I think it has something to do with the second set of spark plugs or something. Anyway, after I had the Akra system fitted it kinda hesitated around 5500 before it actually got that second wind. This hesitation became a slight stutter and then a "sluk" which became a real irritation as I was gooing around bends and powering up out of curves.

I had the technician note this during the last service and was told that it was sorted. During my visit to Nam I had a helluva time as it appeared to worsten to the point where the bike sputtered when I had the throttle wide open. This meant that I could not freely accellerate nor could I really pass with comfort or maintain any speed above 160 km / h. The sputter became associated with a few misfires and a drop in power. As I can not venture the slightest guess as to what caused it, I can only describe that it feels like the bike is either misfiring (timing) or getting too little or too much fuel when this happens.

I took the bike back to the dealer where I bought it and where it was serviced and they told me that they found nothing wrong with the bike. However, the problem disappeared. I thought maybe the technician overlooked it during the service and covered up by fixing it and then saying that there is nothing the matter.

Over the weekend when I was playing around the mountains behind Elgin, it reappeared. This time much worse.

Any ideas while I rest the typing finger...