Breedtsnek and the Higly Priced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Myself and a few mates decided to do a quick dash to Breedtsnek and back, simply to ride a bit, but secondly to see how that Higly Priced performs off-road. We met at the Total on the N14 and from there headed for the nearest gravel roads.

Two of use were on new toys - Basil bought him/his son a R800GS lewensgevaarlik and myself putting Dabulamanzi through his paces. Dust was the order of the day, but fun was had non the less.

Here's Murray with his sweet sounding XT that goes like the preverbal klappers. This Shimwells conversion bike really goes very nice and sounds sweeet. Put's out 42 kw on the dyno - not bad.

IMG_0535_.jpg

Atkinse was also along on his sweet sounding XT600  Tenere. Man those Ackro's sounds nice. Bike also fitted with a power commander and is no snail.

IMG_0536_.jpg

Of course Excalibur and old faithful was also along for da ride

IMG_0540_.jpg

…me on my new toy. Man what a sweeeet ride.

IMG_0544_.jpg

Of course the sh!t design BMW topbox on the 800 tried to ruin our day. Bliksemmed off within the first few km’s. Kark design is all I have to say

IMG_0539_.jpg

…nothing a cargo net can’t hold

IMG_0542_.jpg

The area had quite a bit of rain and the road was washed away, but manageable none the less – herewith a few photo’s of the up and down before we stopped for a boksburg pepsi at the shebeen on the Harties side of Breedtsnek

IMG_0546_.jpg

IMG_0547_.jpg

IMG_0548_.jpg

IMG_0549_.jpg

IMG_0550_.jpg

IMG_0551_.jpg

IMG_0552_.jpg

IMG_0553_.jpg

IMG_0554_.jpg

Nice view – what a lovely day to be out biking

IMG_0556_.jpg

Excalibur decided to colour his hair a slight auburn colour

IMG_0558_.jpg

Stop for a coolie

IMG_0559_.jpg

After Breedtsnek we headed to Upperdeck for breakfast. The Impala rally was around the corner, so the place was packed.

IMG_0561_.jpg

IMG_0562_.jpg

Humour at Upperdeck

IMG_0560_.jpg

Our route back was over Schurweberg, the bridge over the Hennops was semi-washed away and the road closed, but we were not going to turn back so we rode through the water

IMG_0566_.jpg

Just before one gets out the other side, there was a particular nasty washed away section where Bikermice was caught wrong footed, and he tried to drown his machine

IMG_0568_.jpg

IMG_0570_.jpg

Atkinse crossing the water

IMG_0572_.jpg

Jean riding the 800 lewensgevaarlik like a pro

IMG_0574_.jpg

Excalibur showing how deep that particular section is

IMG_0577_.jpg

Thanks guys for the ride. T”was great.

I got home with 7km to spare on the HP – must get used to this short range sh!t, or make a plan……..  :3some: