Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 250 Kilometer trip around George going via Geelhoutboom westwards  (Read 282 times)

Offline cassiebotha

• Bike: Kawasaki KLX 400SR
  • Olie misbruiker Ge-org Zuid Afrikak
also at www.cassierides.blogspot.com

t's Saturday and this is George. What to do?
I decided to go for my quick run up the Outeniqua mountain and there after i will go around George with my bike. I had a faulty kettang and was not lus to take the spanner out again. After all the drama I had previously i just looked at the kettang and vloeked a little bit and said to myself this is not a Yamak@k it's a Yamaha. It will carry me always home. And so it did after all. I decided to stay within a close range for backup if yamaha decided to play yamak@k on itself.

So I've planned a route that will take me westwards until I've reaced Botlierskop and the second route will be in the afternoon that will go eastwards until Karatara.
So I've started my journey towards the West. I will go via Geelhoutboom-Friemersheim towards Botlierskop and turn around at the river crossing.
JUST A NOTE MY CAMERA DATE IS SET WRONG !

Going westwards via Geelhoutboom gravel road. I am amazed how awesome the power grid lines blends into the majestic mountain background

The Geelhoutboom road towards Friemersheim is quite technical in terms of heavy corners and up and down hills.

We had rain the whole week and I had close calls with the heavy potholes and "dongas" in the road but my shocks never bottomed out

The uphill overlooking the mountains near Friemersheim
By now the wind was killing me. It was ice cold breeze

So I've approached Friemersheim but my kamera se battery het pap geword. So daar gaan my mooi photos! I went until the river inside Botlierskop and couldn't cross it anyway because the river was flowing from the rain we had earlier in the week.
Back to George i drove via geelhoutboom again
Waiting for the day to get warmer going this afternoon towards the East ending at Karatara
Moes grootword, bike moes gaan
Moes in George werk soek want ek wil nie trek
Moes bike verkoop ding lek te veel olie

Offline XXL

• Bike: Piaggio (all models)
  • I am Blessed
Re: 250 Kilometer trip around George going via Geelhoutboom westwards
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 07:08:53 pm »
Wow.

Offline will humble

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:40:53 pm »
Cassie, jou lucky bogger! jy bly in n mooi wereld
kortseun aka will humble aka mac fanboy aka daai idiot op die rooi GS aka William Van Loggerenberg

Offline DrDirt

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • George - Southern Cape
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:05:02 am »
Bliksem Cassie jy was besig die naweek. :)