250 Kilometer trip around George going via Geelhoutboom westwards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
also at www.cassierides.blogspot.com

t's Saturday and this is George. What to do?
I decided to go for my quick run up the Outeniqua mountain and there after i will go around George with my bike. I had a faulty kettang and was not lus to take the spanner out again. After all the drama I had previously i just looked at the kettang and vloeked a little bit and said to myself this is not a Yamak@k it's a Yamaha. It will carry me always home. And so it did after all. I decided to stay within a close range for backup if yamaha decided to play yamak@k on itself.

So I've planned a route that will take me westwards until I've reaced Botlierskop and the second route will be in the afternoon that will go eastwards until Karatara.
So I've started my journey towards the West. I will go via Geelhoutboom-Friemersheim towards Botlierskop and turn around at the river crossing.
JUST A NOTE MY CAMERA DATE IS SET WRONG !

100_2580.jpg

Going westwards via Geelhoutboom gravel road. I am amazed how awesome the power grid lines blends into the majestic mountain background

100_2583.jpg

The Geelhoutboom road towards Friemersheim is quite technical in terms of heavy corners and up and down hills.

100_2585.jpg

We had rain the whole week and I had close calls with the heavy potholes and "dongas" in the road but my shocks never bottomed out

100_2584.jpg

The uphill overlooking the mountains near Friemersheim
By now the wind was killing me. It was ice cold breeze

100_2586.jpg

100_2589.jpg

So I've approached Friemersheim but my kamera se battery het pap geword. So daar gaan my mooi photos! I went until the river inside Botlierskop and couldn't cross it anyway because the river was flowing from the rain we had earlier in the week.
Back to George i drove via geelhoutboom again
Waiting for the day to get warmer going this afternoon towards the East ending at Karatara