250 Kilometer trip around George part 2 going via 7 passes ending at Karatara

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
www.cassierides.blogspot.com

Well after the morning glory towards Geelhoutboom and Botlierskop I quickly went to the Garden route mall to get some Coffee. While i was sipping my coffee i came with a brilliant (and this happens very rarely) plan. I will go Eastwards until Karatara but will take a lot of side roads to see where they go. We always skip those roads.
So my Trip started at 2 o clock in the afternoon. I went from Heatherlands towards Saasveld road riding a mountain pass in Wilderness hights. I was amazed that some few lucky people live so high in the mountains that they must cross a mountain pass to get from home to town and vice verse

100_2591.jpg

The end of the Saaveld Pass towards Wilderness heights

100_2593.jpg

100_2593.jpg
I had to ride this mountain pass to get to the Wilderness Heights residential area

100_2595.jpg

100_2598.jpg

100_2599.jpg

100_2600.jpg

From Wilderness heights i went towards Wilderness CBD and went around the Wilderness lagoon gravel road past the Wilderness National park and past Island Lake. I turned upwards towards the old Karatara and Hoekwil back road and went straight towards Karatara.

I had to cross the Hoogekraal pass but did not take pictures because I've taken so many of the Hoogekraal pass before that it will only be a waste of bandwith.

As i drive towards Karatara I decided to take the Ruiterbos turnoff and do a scenic trip. I turned around and went back towards Karatara and while I rode oop ketel to Karatara a majestic moutain pass caught my eyes in the far.

100_2606.jpg

Look at that uphill. I started to ask locals how to get there. I went through the entire Karatara and couldn't find the road that leads to this uphill anywhere. So I've decided to take the main road towards Knysna to see if i can find that route.

100_2610.jpg

Eventually if found the way but to my misfortune it was once again Forestry. Why why why?

100_2611.jpg

So I went to the local people alongside the road to ask me for directions and also if they could help me with a insider that might show me a secret way up towards this majestic forest uphill road that you can see from a far. He just looked me and the eyes and laid on his stomach not willing to help me at all

100_2612.jpg

100_2613.jpg

So opposite the "Mr" i went to the "Ms" She showed me with her head the way out of here. Mad as hell I've revved and ride away leaving nothing else than dirt in their eyes. Now it was running late so i turned back as soon as I approached Homtini pass

100_2608.jpg

Turnaround time for me because it's 5 o clock and the time has run out
So I oop ketel back towards George
100_2614.jpg

100_2615.jpg

Almost back home I took the best road in George that is located in Heatherlands called Plantasie weg. This road has uninterrupted views of the Outeniqua mountains

100_2616.jpg

his was quite a short but lekker route. I've done 250KM today with the bike without the kettang falling off