Baynesfield enduro trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badballie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So a few Dbn WD's decided to take a trip up to the Baynesfield Enduro on Sat 27 Feb. We decided to meet at the Engen at Pavillion of the N3 at 06.00 for 06.30.

I was there at 06.00 and shortly after 777 arrived on his XT 660. A while later Mt Badger arrived with his wife on their GSA 1200. After introductions we were off.

Took the Marianhill rd and through some housing areas, to the first dirt of the day. This was my first proper dirt outing on the GS and I was a bit nervous on how the GS will handle. Did not take long though and were at home.

Our route Captain, The Badger, guided us along some excellent dirt roads, although his recce earlier in the week did not help to much in not getting us a wee bit lost now and again !!! LOL

But luckily we never went to far off route and were back on track in a flash.

Weather was interesting with overcast, slight rain and sunshine making turns on the route. At one stage we came out of a little drizzle onto this amazing little "mountain pass" into the sun again and this amazing rainbow was only a few meters  from us in the valley next to the road, truly amazing.

Unfortunately not any photos of the ride as we were enjoying ourselves to much and my pics of the rest stop disappeared !
Must have something to do with the amazing white flash we experienced when 777 took of his shirt ...........oh my eyes ....lmao.

Once we arrived at the Enduro we had some excellent breakfast thanks to the The Badgers and met up with Outhere who was getting ready to compete.

Once my Mrs and the kids joined us, having come on tar in the cage to the event, we set of to the spectator point.

And then it all started - instead of spectating we ended up helping racers through the little stream crossing and looked as if we did the race lol ........

We spent so much time helping that there weren't time for the planned return routes, so just hoofed it on tar back home - so next time guys ....lol

Here are some pics ............

Attachments

• PICT2451.JPG
    PICT2451.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 173
  • PICT2457.JPG
    PICT2457.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 172
  • PICT2459.JPG
    PICT2459.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 170
  • PICT2452.JPG