WILD DOG FUND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chairman Meow

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
To all Forum members. (Not sure if this is the best suited area for this topic, but here goes...)

( Actually just found the PAW section, so sorry about this)

Firstly, incase this subject was covered in the hey day start of this site or more recently, I apologize in advance as I have not seen it.

For  those who watched Carte Blanche sunday evening, there was a quite fascinating piece on the Wild dog and the illegal trade of these animals.
Also the fact that they are endangered (with about 2000 left) made me wonder why this site is not somehow linked to the protection of these animals.
As stated I only now saw the PAW initiative, but having said that, as this site is free to all, and judging by the amount of members (not sure how many? maybe the  moderators can enlighten us?),..and with enough money that freely floats between the trade and sell section, why not have a yearly members fee of say even R50-R100 that goes straight to this fund.
(I'm pretty sure there must be some sort of Wild Dog Conservation Fund, or something related...or helll, even start one if there aren't any.)
Maybe it's just easier to collect the amount via the membership and pay it over once a year as there are many that like the idea of contributing without all the time and hassles of have to do something.( I know this sounds strange , but I hope you know what I mean)

There are many times that we might want to give or help out, but feel donations just get fizzled away in the chain of charity organizations, and our time is not always available - this way everyone can see the direct impact that this once off yearly fund can have when it gets to the proper and deserving recepients.  

Don't know to much about these animals (being much more of a cat person myself), but seeing as we proudly sport the name and have a forum community that can be easly reached , it make sense to do our part with relatively little effort.

I'm pretty sure we all spend enough money on bike related stuff (good and bad) to make a initiative like this seem like chicken feed for the amount required, but massively rewarding should it be possible to see this take off.

Once a year that money can be handed to the recepients and so doing put the Wild dog communty even further on the map.

As stated, this is just a thought and I don't know whether it's been attempted or not, but I feel that the amount mentioned above multiplied by the amount of members can be quite an impressive sum.

feedback regarding this initiative is welcomed.

(BTW - What happend to the PAW initiative?)

CM