Solo to HuisKlip - EC Jackrussel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vellies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
It is 06h45 Sunday morning and and I am waiting at Mc D's in Jeffreys Bay for the Ironman and the Dirtman to join me. 1 call, 2 calls and after the 3d at 07h30 I decided to head out on my CTX all on my own. The XT660 and the 990 Katoom should be able to catch me.....or maybe not  :biggrin:

m_IMG_0001.jpg

Off to Ashton Bay and uhhh, this looks interesting? Lets go the long way round via the marina. They said it is a STOP so I did

m_IMG_0002.jpg

I haven't had breakfast yet and though I am not that clever I knew that the Walskipper won't be open yet. I went there nevertheless

m_IMG_0003.jpg

I found this chap up high and hoped he could maybe see my buddies catching up :) Naaa no Ironman or Dirtman in sight sir. Enjoy your trip

m_IMG_0004.jpg

The lagoon between Ashton and Paradise ...

m_IMG_0005.jpg

looked so peaceful this morning. A quick illegal stop for a "prentjie"

m_IMG_0006.jpg

But it seemed I had some of last night's beer now wanting to make it's way out and I needed some gravel road BADLY  

m_IMG_0007.jpg

A sigh of relief and off  I go to St Francis Bay. Just before I enter the metropol of St Francis I have to cross the Krom River. No STOP sign here but the view caused my brakes to lock up

m_IMG_0008.jpg

..and then it unlocked after the sound of the camera shutter. I feel sorry for these "poor folkes" that have to live outside of town on the banks of a river with boats and jetskis. Sometimes they encounter crossroads like I did

m_IMG_0010.jpg

On to Huisklip I pass Brakkeduinen on the one side and view the Tsitsikamma mountains on the other side.

m_IMG_0011.jpg

Arriving at Huisklip I park under the trees where Tjops started laying out his new camping area. Even through the trees the sea stays beautiful

m_IMG_0012.jpg

Soon you will be able to sit here around the fire , tent on the side with a scotch in the hand

m_IMG_0015.jpg

The only place other than The Wildcoast where I have ever seen a "seekoei"

m_IMG_0017.jpg

Riding out next to the sea at Huisklip..

m_IMG_0022.jpg

where  me next weekend away will be booked as soon as this is complete

m_IMG_0018.jpg

On my way back to PE I stopped at Oyster Bay for a cold drink. No pie and coke here. Oh the coke was there alright but customer traffic is a bit limited so not feesable to keep pies

m_IMG_0023.jpg

The last view that seriously impressed me was the one of these sheep behind  8 foot game fence

m_IMG_0026.jpg

When I saw this presious little thing I knew why the fence.  

m_IMG_0027.jpg

Jaaa call me a sucker but Mary must be somewhere if the little lamb is here  :ricky: