Desert X Round 5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenisis

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hi there WD`s.

Finally I have got my A into G and got round to working out how to post video and Pics. Thanks to all the guys giving advice in the how to section  :3some:

So here are some pics of the DesertX round 5 that took part in recently! These events are lap based with 7 X 30Km laps totalling 210Km in the softest sand in the world. So when they refer to the Dunes in the Dakar Rally I know exactly what they are on about!

First off the Kit.
The only thing that i can comment about my kit is the Leatt neck brace, Excellent investment! An no i am not sponsored by FOX but rather i sponsor Fox! (I am open to sponsorships should there be any willing people out there!

DSC_3973.jpg

My Desert Bike. A Honda CRF 450 X A pure fun machine that de-stresses me on a regular basis as I am sure your boney`s do too.

Extra`s include a Yoshi pipe, Scott steering dampeners, Raised seat for my Tall butt and Uprated suspension Front and rear for my Heavy ass!

DSC_3967.jpg

I was fortunate to be able to use the Company Gazebo, A Portable shade Gazebo (Proudly South African)
I almost look like a works team!

DSC_3980.jpg

Here is a Pic of the Bivouac (Campsite for us normal folk)
DSC_3982.jpg

Here is the pic from our riders briefing!

DSC_3987.jpg

A picture of a Start. For safety we go off 4 at a time. This happens because a guy in round 2 did not see a huge ant hill and had a nasty fall!

DSC_4016.jpg

Just to give you guys a feel of what it is like to ride in the desert i have included this video I hope you enjoy!!

[flash=200,200]https://www.youtube.com/v/txXq9_LPQ40&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]

John Malan Showing off at the start!

DSC_4069.jpg

Some pics of the Really fast guys.
James West and Shaun Gaugain in the background

DSC_4421.jpg

Sam Sunderland out front!

DSC_4426.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy this light read and if you guys want more i will post more events and from our adventures that we take part in the Arabian Desert!

Cheers

Ken