A moerse warm trip na Heroldsbraai

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
www.cassierides.blogspot.com

Well this is not Sunday nor Saturday. This is Monday and this is a small farm town called George. The grade is 46 or 64 Degrees celcius (depend how you want to feel it)
Well I got a "oproep" on my blueberry and it was Dirk asking me if we must go and take a dip in the sea after work. We came up with a brilliant plan to quickly take the bikes to heroldsbay and go swimming lengtes in the getye poel. So I decide to take my camera along to take some pictures for Wild Dog members who owns or who's holiday resort is Heroldsbay in December. Just to show them that there is still some bit of water left in the ocean and they don't have to worry about coming this December to find no sea water to swim in. Believe me there is moerse baie water still in the ocean. I have proof !!!!!

1002693.png

Here me and Dirk is posing for a photo before the trip. By this time is was papnat from the sweat. So I decided to ride with my draf klere.

We decided not to take any gravel because we wanted water asap. We head out towards Heroldsbay going via Blanco past the George International Airport straight to Herolds Bay. Not time for photos along the way because rain was on it's way and darkness started to fall.

1002697t.jpg

Approaching Herolds Bay from the Top going down via the pavement road directly to the beach with Voelklip in the backround

1002698.jpg

Approaching the Beach. We lived here for more than 20 Years and it's still as beautiful

1002699.jpg

Here you can see that the beach is empty without the Gautengers. Julle moet terugkom there is nothing going on here during the year. Julle maak die plek exiting!!

1002700j.jpg

1002701.jpg

Dirk decided to take a photograph of my ATGATT.

1002702g.jpg

Here we stopped at the getye poel to swim some lengtes. Dirk forgot his swimming gear so I decided to go for a lekker swim. The poel was full of people and while I was swimming from point to point some girl was managing to always be in my way. Remember I swim vinnig and can't get interrupted while i concentrate. But from time to time i just felt "hare" so I had to stop and then suddenly I hear "oops jammer" Now with my routing interrupted from time to time I just focussed on finishing swimming and to enjoy the sunny weather

1002703.jpg

The beroemde Tidal pool where everybody swim kaalgat at new years...Every new years

1002704.jpg

View facing Voelklip. Some people mistaken the name for Voelkop but it's actually Voelklip.

1002705r.jpg

Look at this notice board on the getye poel...!!!!

1002707i.jpg

Now it was time to drive back home.
When we approached george in Pitch black darkness we saw spectacular thunderstorms over the outeniqua mountains. Now with salt in my hair and the opportunity to swim in the pool made me feel like a new sikspens

Thanks Dirk for the quick drive to herolds Bay.