Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Dakar entrance  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
Dakar entrance
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 06:27:17 pm »
Jenna of Raidextreme posted this earlier in the year on the xrv site, everything for around ?£25 000 :)

Plese forgive the constant use of the 'Y' word but i had no choice...  

Everybody knows of the Dakar, its one race that has become so well known that has to some extent been a victim of its own success with rising costs and a greater requirement for media backing an professional logistics? just to keep you in the race. Those nice people ay Yamaha have realised this and have decided that its time YOU get the chance to compete putting a package together that is just unbelievable...

Normally the cost of a Dakar Rally is around the ?£50k mark including bike costs, prep, backup, spares et etc etc, but thanks to the guys (and girls!) at Yamaha you can now do the Dakar for just ?£18k on a factory loan bike or do the event and buying the bike for just ?£25,000. This price is even all the more remarkable as it includes all the factory support, media services, event techs, your clothing and the entry fee!!

More info is available on the 'Challenge Yamaha Dakar 2007' here:
http://www.challengeyamahadakar.com/en/index800.htm

And also via Raidxtreme.com here:
http://www.raidxtreme.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=7&thread_id=37#post_116

As more events like this are brought to our attention we will post them.

(Raidxtreme is a non profit organisation helping to promote Rally Raid to the British public and press)

Jen
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline peter stuyvesant

• Bike: AJS (all models)
Dakar entrance
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 09:36:03 pm »
Quote from: "koplamp"
PS - how serious are you about this?

Well, I've got a CRF450x that I thought I could modify which would save on buying a bike but it's still alot of money to spend when the chances are you last only a couple of stages.

I decided to do a trip with "Fireblade" in April which will start in Milan going on to France, Spain and circular route of Morocco and ride back to Milan.I think this option is more realistic in terms of budget and riding ability!