W/Cape Tenere club outride - Sat 13th March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Bright and early on Saturday morning the Tenere club got together for their first outride... all two of us (Yami900 & myself)  ;D

The trip would take us through to the Enduro happening the other side of Elim (near Bredasdorp), (via Stellenbosch, Franschoek, Caledon & Elim) a round trip of about 420km. This ended up closer to 550km due to my poor navigational skills. Fortunately Yami900 knows a bit about nav. and he got us on the right roads without too much hassle.  :thumleft:

We met at the Engen in Brackies, commenting on the glorious weather and how good the Tenere's look. First stop was Franschoek for a cuppa coffee and then another stop at the top of the Pass for a photo shoot.

The Twins:
2w33ziw.jpg

Just after Theewaterskloof dam we hit the dirt and the fun began. Dust was the order of the day and the following rider had to keep a good distance just to be able to see the road. Next stop was Dassiefontein for a lekka farmers breakfast and moer coffee.

Near Caledon:
ff5yjs.jpg

Dassiefontein:
2uixcu8.jpg

By this stage the glorious sunshine had turned to dark clouds and soon after hitting the back roads of Caledon the rain came down. Neither of us were prepared for getting wet but we were having so much fun there was no way we were going to turn around so we pushed on through the mud.

swtphx.jpg

The Tenere’s were performing flawlessly and we finally reached the Enduro at 12:30pm. 5.5 hours for 250km gives you an idea on how much fun we were having, stopping every 15min to talk crap and admire each others bikes  :D

zsmglf.jpg

We must have watched endure for all of 30mins before the heavens open again and we decided it was better riding than watching okes ride.

After a quick stop in Bredasdorp to fill the tanks we pushed on for home. Somewhere along of one of the gravel roads I had a huge bum clenching moment when a baby ostrich dashed out of the bushes and for a brief moment considered crossing the road in front of me. Fortunately for both of us he changed his mind; otherwise I’d be typing this from a hospital bed. Needless to say, all you could see when Yami pulled up next to me was teeth  :biggrin: because he was pissing himself laughing at me.

We got home around 4pm, in glorious sunshine and as happy as pigs in sh!t and just as dirty. With 550km’s under our belts we were both nursing aching backsides but it was all worth it.