Heaven and Earth.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
?Twas a perfect day to show the new steed what his future playground looks like. An impromptu ride was arranged at the Dros and LuckyStriker, MadAl and myself set out around 9-ish on Saturday morning (after having woken LS and welcoming him into a beautiful, babbelas filled morning, for all parties). :D

The plan was to follow to coast, past Rooi Els towards Hermanus and then take the Heaven and Earth road (R320) to Caledon. From there, dirt roads to Greyton, brunch, dirt roads back towards Villiersdorp and home via Franschhoek pass.

?Nuf said. I?ll let the pictures do the talking.

MadAl at our first stop in Rooi Els.

They have, unfortunately, tarred most of the Heaven and Earth road, but the middle section is still dirty. The view from the top.

Getting houding?

Le trio.

What a beaut.

We passed Rapunzel?s pozzy on the way to Greyton.

And found a lovely section of dirt tucked away between the hills.

On the way back from Greyton ? ?TWANG!!! GRRRRR!!! ZZZZZZZ!!!? WTF! :shock: Images of LS towing the KTM with his GS flashed through my mind. :shock: I?m no technical guru, but it looks like the chain tensioner-thingy is broken stukkend and got chowed by the front sprocket.

Once the left-overs were removed, the bike was mobile again. Slight disappointment, but I?m positive that the issue will be resolved without hassle.

All-n-all, a good time was had by all-n-all.