First time in the bush on my Pegaso

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damduiker

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
I don't know if this really counts as a ride report, but i took the wife proparly off road on my Pegaso, taht I bought a few weeks ago.
Now, I am used to a Husky 450 plastic bike and one up.
Our friends went fishing a Hougham park, between sundays and Coega and overnighted there and full of captain clever, I agreed to take the wife to visit them.
Next morning my wife is as keen as mustard and we jump on the bike, with brand new Cordura jackets and off to the beach.
The bike handled the gravel road really well, but I think I will run my tyre pressure a lot softer, because it is not the fastest bike on the road and tyre degradation will not be a problem.
I didn't listen to the instructions and headed for the furthest fihing spot.
I ended up in the overgrown path, with a middlemannetjie of note and port jackson willows in the way if you ride in the track.
The jackets did not help, because there was no wind and we were doing about thirty kilometers per hour in the heat, seating like a piggy.
Halfway, down the track it starts getting more sandy and around the corner, we get stuck behind a stuck cage And he wants to come out in reverse.
Plastics spin around on a ticky and this new piggy is eighty kilos heavier and I get stuck, with a wheel in each track..
Fortunately the Pegaso/ pigaso( new name) has a grab handle on the luggage rack and I sleep it around to go back, so that the cage can get out.
We drove that place flat into all the holes and eventually found our friends.
Requirements, new front tyre and lighter riding gear, for the slow stuff.
I get more armpump, driving slowly with swambo conversion, that belting it through a fire break at 120, on the plastic, maybet the steering damper helps.