Friday Morning Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
KTM Bigger has a few incentives to get out and about, the two greatest of which are;

*He works on an oil platform for extended periods so to come home and sit inside makes him twitchy.
*He has a brand new baby daughter; she needs him to get out and about to keep him and her sane.

Me, I like finding new off road routes and sharing.

So he suggested we go riding last week. I could get away for a half morning on Friday and so it was.

We met at the Tavern in Diep River and headed off towards Monawabisi.

There is a single track that goes behind the sand mine next to the Gordon?s Bay side of Kayalitsha that is really very good. It is only sand and has some fast sections and lots of whoops. We messed about there for a bit;

124255128-M.jpg

124255137-M.jpg

124255449-M.jpg

113188627-M.jpg

124996410-M.jpg

It is a lot of fun and once through there we filled up and then back onto the bit that overlooks the run down and derelict beach resort thing.

124255131-M.jpg

Towards Gordon's Bay

124255134-M.jpg

I had been to this place once and was keen to see if we could get to Gordons Bay via the 6km stretch of beach in front of the Armskor property.

You have to cross a small estuary stream that was flowing pretty strongly. When I was on my own I have balked at crossing in case I had gotten stuck but Paul's quite a big guy so...

Video crossing the estuary. It get s a bit blurred but you get the idea. In the deepest bit it got a little squirelly.

We crossed a couple of times.

124255453-M.jpg

124255129-M.jpg

Then we cruised down to the Strand, we weren?t shot at but you can?t get through unless you don?t mind swimming with your bike around the fence or cutting through the thick wire.

We cruised back, go some it on video Video here

and through the dunes again.

124255458-M.jpg

I dropped it and snapped the end off my clutch lever again. Fortunately they are probably on the only cheap part of the big girl.

Once we got back to the tar KB said he would cruise back along the road to Muisenberg, while I filed my clutch lever end off. I had finished anyway but he headed off with me only having to put my helmet and gloves back on. I only caught him nearly back at Muisenberg. Cruising my foot! He was pasting it because I was really having to whack it to catch up.

Great morning start to work.

Cheers