Overberg Diesel and Dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuttsNutts

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
On Saturday I was bored and decided to go visit my cousin who Farms in Caledon. 10 minutes later :D I am on the bike and off to Franshoek only to discover the extent of the wind - I decided to push through, at 80kms :( a hour die to the wind, I got to see all the scenery though :D
I didnt get the best pics but here they are anyway

There was a big fire on Franschoek pass, This bugger was helping out but seemed to develop a issue so they landed in a field to check it out

over1.JPG

The pass was closed for a while so I went up the 3 streams valley to explore, SOme nice tracks but all on private land

over2.JPG

At the top of the pass while the fire is still burning, quite amazing what thos old huey choppers can lift in weight - THe white you see is not smoke but water spray

over3.JPG

You should all know this spot, I decided to go straight

over4.JPG

On the Draaiberg road looking towards Grabouw
Its dry out there, bloody hell
over5.JPG

over6.jpg

Above the Theewaterskloof golf club I found this which I explored, not to much happening at the top though
over7.jpg

After heading through Caledon I decided to go and see Teslaarsdal as I have never been there, stopped at the town mall for a cooldrink
THe town hasnt got much but there are some nice roads in the area

over8.jpg

Onto my cousins place, Who said BMWs are to big for farming :twisted:

over9.JPG

Water water everywhere, not a drop of green

over10.JPG

I went looking for something technical, This is the best I could find :oops:
over11.JPG

At last something green to take a picture of

over12.JPG

Pic taken on the pivot sprayer land planted with Lucern
over13.JPG