Leo's Thabazimbi Gyneacologist Visit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
A few of us were keen to do a ride up north towards Thabazimbi, so after a few PM's it was arranged.

Excalibur and I were going to leave on Friday but as it never stopped raining we decided to wait till Saturday and ride with the rets of the crowd.  Clear skies Saturday and we headed north.

I now know why the Waterberge is called so - water literally streams from the mountains. Our route was simple - ride to Warmbaths, then over Rankens Pass to Thabazimbi, spend a night there and return Sunday.

Poppipants and Funacide making some space for more Zamalecks  :biggrin:

IMG_0690_.jpg

As I was expecting lotsa mud, I decided to leave Honey at home and take Dabulamanzi

IMG_0691_.jpg

We didn't have any rain on the way there, although it must have rained moments before we passed

IMG_0692_.jpg

We stopped at the Dros in Warmbaths, had a few sharpies and some breakfast before we continued

IMG_0693_.jpg

While we hade a comfort break here, a local farmed stopped and thought we were lost. I asked him how much it had rained and he said 160mm since Thursday. The roads were badly rutted

IMG_0694_.jpg

Wingman  :thumleft:

IMG_0695_.jpg

The rest of the crowd pulling in for a break

IMG_0696_.jpg

Journeyman was riding with his winter lining - the man was soaking wet from sweat

IMG_0697_.jpg

Not far from Rainkens Pass thing went horribly wrong for me - to fast on a too slippery road - Dabulamanzi decided to teach me a tough lesson

IMG_0698_.jpg

Poor thing landed in the ditch wheels to the sky

IMG_0700_.jpg

So there you have it my first serious fall offroad

My shoulder was not too lekker, but we were about 70 kays from Thabazimbi so the show had to go on. All the rivers and streams in the area was in flood - several bridges had water running over and under them

IMG_0701_.jpg

The beast run as if nothing ever happened

IMG_0702_.jpg

Vultures at Aasvoelkop

IMG_0704_.jpg

....and the rest of the crowd admiring the splendoir

IMG_0705_.jpg

In Thabazimbi I went to see the gynea - het my p@es afgeval. Seems like a few ligaments is no longer working

IMG_0706_.jpg

The rest of the evening we watched the Sharks win and got drunk around the fire.

Sunday Bikermice send his driver to come and collect me and the bike as I was(is) in no position to ride.

Thanks to all who waited so patiently while I sorted my sh!t.

Thanks for a fun trip although it didn't quite go the way I expected.

..........I guess in the end all's well that ends well.

See you all on a next trip - now to give that shoulder a few weeks rest  :thumleft: